First run following installation, won't boot
First off, here's some basic info:
1. Windows 7 installed on hard disk (not really important in this case...)
2. Ubuntu Live Disk installed on miniSD card
3. Want to install Ubuntu (full, non-Live Disk version) onto a flash drive
4. I booted into the live disk so that I could install Ubuntu on an empty flash drive. Installation seemed to proceed OK, though I had to deselect the "install boot loader" or whatever option in the very last step. When finished (after about a half hour) the installer asked me to restart my system.
5. I restarted, pressed F12 to get into BIOS disk selection, selected the flash drive with the new, full Ubuntu installation. All I get is a black screen with a blinking underscore.
6. Tried several more times with no luck.
7. Restart again, this time booting into the Live Disk instead.
8. Checked whether the file/directory structure got installed on the flash drive properly. Everything seems to be there.
9. Began this thread using Firefox.
I'm a Linux newbie, and my question is: How do I fix the new Ubuntu installation so that it boots properly? Nothing gets posted to screen besides the blinking cursor, so I'm at a loss as to where to look.
Last edited by posfan12; September 4th, 2010 at 04:10 AM.
Reason: was mistaken about ubootin
Re: First run following installation, won't boot
I'm going to restart the process, as I think I know what I did wrong.