Thread: Ubuntu settings on new Gateway Laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ubuntu settings on new Gateway Laptop

I recently purchased a Gateway NV7915u laptop and installed Ubuntu 10.04. So far, it seems to support ubuntu just fine with just a few exceptions and i was hoping that someone could help me make everything work properly.

1) No sound.
    There is absolutely no sound while running ubuntu on this laptop. When running Windoze7, all sounds play just fine. I'm using pulseaudio.
    THIS ONE WAS FIXED BY MY DAD BY UPDATING ALSA

2) Multi-touch mouse pad
    My lapotp has a multitouch mouse pad so, whenever i accidentally put 2 fingers on it, the cursor goes crazy all over the screen. I noticed that, under the mouse preferences, there's an option for 2 finger scrolling. However, this option is grayed out and i can't select it.
    THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED USING THIS THREAD

3) Programmable button
    One of the touch buttons on this laptop is programmable. In Windoze, i was able to make it open a program just by touching it. How can i configure this button in ubuntu?

4) Brightness
    When trying to change the brightness of my screen, it shows the brightness bar at the top right of my screen, so i guess it's recognizing that i'm doing something, but the brightness remains the same.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help me with one or more of these issues
    Last edited by higashi; September 4th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
    ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Ubuntu settings on new Gateway Laptop

bump
    ~