Thread: Best Tablet PC for Ubuntu

Beans

Best Tablet PC for Ubuntu

So I'm about to spring for a new tablet pc. I was going to get an asus T101MT, but I hear that the low-powered processor doesn't handle the handwriting too well. There are a lot of tablets on the market, but none of the models seem to stick around for long and all of the reviews I read are total BS. Any advice would be appreciated. I'd like something that is powerful enough to handle the pen input without lagging. In particular, with Xournal, but bonus if it will do the same in gimp. Other than that, a high features:cost ratio, and a decent battery life would be good too.

Re: Best Tablet PC for Ubuntu

Moved to Recurring Discussions - another what is the best blank?
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans

bump, bump

Ill like to know that Anyone with experience?

Regards

Beans
    Hidden!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I wouldn't rule out Android, though - it's still a more tablet-friendly distro, at least for the moment, and there are an insane number of Android tablets coming out in the next few months with fairly impressive specs.
    ~ I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home. ~

Beans

Smile Re: Best Tablet PC for Ubuntu

Have you checked out the XDA Developers forums? I recently purchased a Viewsonic Gtablet for about 370 bucks. It has a Tegra II Processor with 512 megs of ram, USB, Micro SD. There is an entire section of the forums dedicated to this tab. There are several different custom roms for it that are fantastic and there are currently developers working on putting Ubuntu on it.

Here is a link to the Gtab forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=841

Todd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It's early 2011 now. Any more solid news? I have an Elen M-001 android tablet, but I would absolutely love an Ubuntu tablet.
    Last edited by Rachel_Eliason; February 26th, 2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

It's early 2011 now.
    Well, it was when swatkins brought this back onto the front page, too, but I don't think anyone noticed that it was yet another zombie thread.

Of course the rumors failed to materialize.
    ~ I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home. ~