Thread: HP LaserJet-1010 - problem using as network printer

Beans

HP LaserJet-1010 - problem using as network printer

I am new, too - not quite to Ubuntu, but to the forum. I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04. Now I can use my hp LaserJet-1010 as a local printer, but it does not work any more as a network printer, which it did nicely before the upgrade. I have tried out a lot but I do not find a solution. It keeps asking: Printer not connected? But it is and I am user in the group lp and lpadmin.
    Who would be so kind to help me blindandold as I am?
    Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: HP LaserJet-1010 - problem using as network printer

Welcome to the forum!

You posted in a thread in Forum Feedback and Help. I've moved your post into its own thread in the Hardware section of the forum where you are more likely to get the technical help you need, and I've given the thread an appropriate title.

Good luck with solving this issue.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by blindandold View Post
    I am new, too - not quite to Ubuntu, but to the forum. I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.04. Now I can use my hp LaserJet-1010 as a local printer, but it does not work any more as a network printer, which it did nicely before the upgrade. I have tried out a lot but I do not find a solution. It keeps asking: Printer not connected? But it is and I am user in the group lp and lpadmin.
    Who would be so kind to help me blindandold as I am?
    Thanks
    I had the same problem a few months ago with my hp laserjet 1020. I kept installing and reinstalling and then one day the network printing started to work again. I kept putting the same settings i had used from previous versions of ubuntu that worked perfectly. Yesterday while printing a document the same thing happened. It printed one page then I ran out of paper and when I added more paper I couldn't print anymore from any network laptop or desktop. Now I cannot get it to network print again. Don't know what broke, just suddenly stopped after suddenly coming back again.

I hate cups printer management.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

I like seeing how there isn't any response to this. Ubuntu community doesn't care about people posing hardware issues. a whole month gone by without any help being offered.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by rad_sci_guy View Post
    I like seeing how there isn't any response to this. Ubuntu community doesn't care about people posing hardware issues. a whole month gone by without any help being offered.
    You could have bumped the thread a reasonable number of times.
    That may have resulted in a better response.

Cheers -

Edit: I just noticed that you aren't the OP. Perhaps an even better solution would have been to create your own thread.
    Last edited by BlinkinCat; December 14th, 2012 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Added Edit.
    PopularPages: A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.
    PopularPages Wiki Thread
    My New Blog