Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best device to keep up with life?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Best device to keep up with life?

get yourself a girlfriend to cook and do the washing for you =D.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by siimo View Post
    get yourself a girlfriend to cook and do the washing for you =D.
    ...erm. My fiancee already does most of the cooking, but surprisingly, I'm the one that got delegated the cleaning!

No, but seriously, anything? Well, I could just use a sharpie and my forehead...Casio data planner here I come...

You could say pen and paper, but I'm a terrible writer. So, day timers are out for me too.
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans
    Distro

Well, I've settled on this: http://www.archos.com/products/ta/ar...try=us&lang=en

Small, less than $100, open-source.
    Laptop: [AMD Vision A4-3300M | 8GB RAM | ATI Radeon 6480G | Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit]

Studio Box: [AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ | 4GB RAM | Nvidia 210 | M-Audio FastTrackPro | KXStudio 11.04 64-bit | 2.6.31-rt14-custom | KDE 4.6.5]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Living proof that marketing works .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you can afford the archos tablet why not get an android phone and not activate its cellular service this way when you get your cash flow back you can reinstall the sim card and reactivate the account.

just a thought because once you do get a phone back depending on which way you go your tablet will be rendered mostly useless.
    Desktop: Home Built Core i7 - Ubuntu/Windows
    Netbook: Asus Eeepc 900HA - Arch w/ Openbox
    Laptop:2010 Macbook Pro 13 - Mac osx w/ Ubuntu/Fedora Virtual Machines
    Tablet:Asus Transformer 32gb

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by buddyd16 View Post
    If you can afford the archos tablet why not get an android phone and not activate its cellular service this way when you get your cash flow back you can reinstall the sim card and reactivate the account.

just a thought because once you do get a phone back depending on which way you go your tablet will be rendered mostly useless.
    The Blackberry was something I managed to come across (a deal made between friends) for really cheap. I was then able to put a prepaid service on it which I can no longer afford to pay.

I don't have the money to spend on an Android phone that's no contract. They usually run pretty high ($300+). I could buy a G1 or Mytouch3G used, but I'm not very particular to either of those phones. It's a good idea (and one I've considered), but unfortunately in the Dallas, TX area, I don't have that option. I'd really like a n900, but I like eating.

The new line of tablets Archos is coming out with are pretty interesting. They're small, cheap and run Froyo. Plus they support openGL ES 2.0 and have an ARM 800 mhz processor.

Beans

you could look at the "smartq q5" which is a 4.3" tablet pc running android they were £80 ish last time i looked. I almost brought one, but i ended up getting an android mobile on contract for £15 per month instead.

edit: since i last looked, they have released the v5 (which tripple boots ubuntu, android, and wince ) , which is here http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.p...roducts_id=389
    Last edited by markp1989; September 3rd, 2010 at 07:12 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12