Thread: help with linksys wpc54gs ver 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

help with linksys wpc54gs ver 2

My old ubuntu laptop beeps 3 time on startup and then freezes. This forced me to install 10.04 on a new laptop. Now I can't get the linksys wpc54gs ver 2 to get connect. I can see the router with a padlock by it. I pretty sure I have the correct password in the right spot. I can access the internet with the wire connection. I'm sure it something simple I forgot from before when the card was working in the old laptop. Thnaks for your help

Dave

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: help with linksys wpc54gs ver 2

If the network has a padlock on it then you probably have a password set up to connect to the access point. I know you said you think you have the password set correctly but it still sounds like an authentication issue. Do you know how to log into your access point? If so, log in, verify the password you have set on the wireless network, re-enter it if you must, then try connecting again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: help with linksys wpc54gs ver 2

Sorry about the trouble. I had the type set to "128-pass phrase". It should be set to "128 key" and the "password" was corrected after I checked the "see password" box. I told you it was something simple. Thanks for the help.

Dave