Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call for testing, Gwibber (Lucid and Maverick)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Call for testing, Gwibber (Lucid and Maverick)

The lucid version (2.30.2~bzr742-0ubuntu1) seems to work fine but I had to manually kill the pre-existing gwibber-service in order to get gwibber-2.30.2~bzr742-0ubuntu1 to start up and ask me to re-authenticate my twitter account.

Ernstp at comment#10 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...8&postcount=10) is right that the save button is poorly placed. Does there have to be a save button at all? If the twitter response is positive then shouldn't that be enough?

Also the entire twitter login screen didn't fit into the gwibber window I had open. About 1/3, the portion with the twitter terms, was cut-off. I had to stretch the window to see it. I would have though that the gwibber window would stretch to fit the data from twitter instead of using a scrollbar.

As an aside, I wish the ability to do twitter groups would find its way down into the stock lucid version of gwibber.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Twitter is now working in version 2.30.2~bzr742.
    So far, so good!
    advocating Free and Open Source Software, supporting the Open Web
    fight for your right to party and get your free cloud storage now

Beans

The update mostly works for me, but I have two different Twitter accounts, and I can only use one at a time (the one I've most recently authorized). Ironically, I actually need to be able to use both right now because of the recent OAuth incident, so for the moment I have my main account open in the browser, and my special account open in Gwibber. I'd really like to figure out how to get both of them to work, but it feels like an under-the-surface kind of bug to me, and I'd rather not dive into the source code and then have someone experienced fix it before I can figure it out anyways.

Beans

Sorry for the double-post, not sure how to edit. But multi-account is working now, and I'm not sure what was buggering it up before. So false alarm, sorry.

Beans

I'm not using the PPA version of Gwibber, but on both Maverick and Lucid, the OAuth dialog was in French for me. See attachments. What package would that bug be against?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12