Thread: Removing Wubi from Win7

Beans

Removing Wubi from Win7

Hi all,
    I need a little help fully removing wubi from my Windows, because I formatted the linux partition where the ubuntu install was, and I can't install it again. If I start wubi, it tells me please first uninstall. I go to the uninstaller, it pops up with an error:
    "Error executing command: command=C:\...\bcdedit.exe /delete"
    ..here comes a registry key...
    "stderr = An error occured while attempting to delete the specified entry. The system cannot find the file specified."
    And gives a huge log file.

I guess it searches for files, or keys, can I delete all chunks to run again the wubi installer?
    Any idea?

Thanks

Beans

Re: Removing Wubi from Win7

Go to drive C and programs files. Delete the Ubuntu folder and you will be good to go

Beans

Hi,
    I don't have such directory..
    I only have the ubuntu dir on the partition made for linux.

Beans

Go to windows drive C program files. The Ubuntu folder is in there. Delete it. I had the same exact problem when I tried to uninstall Wubi. The folder will be empty, but for some reason you have to delete it.

Beans

Can you trust me I don't have the Ubuntu dir there? I checked also if it's hidden. May I take some screenshots about the dirs? Maybe the installer has started to remove it, or stg..

Beans

The error appears: http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...wubi_error.jpg

and I found the key in registry, it's the value of "VistaBootDrive".. if it helps
    Last edited by p0ntiac; August 30th, 2010 at 07:27 PM.

Beans

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I found only one entry in the registry with wubi, and deleted all keys. After a restart(!), the wubi installer stared and now I'm under linux again.

cazador31 - Thanks for the suggestions!

Beans

The Ubuntu folder was in the Drice C folder. My mistake. It's not in the programs folder. Sorry about that. I had the same message as your screen shot said and I fixed it by uninstalling the folder. Seems to me it should be ithe drice c folder