Thread: keyboard won't work.... HELP

Beans

keyboard won't work.... HELP

Hi,
    I am running ubuntu 10.04 on a vaio. Mid session (as I was typing a forum response, actually, my keyboard simply refused to work, as if it wasn't there. my touchpad worked fine, as did volume controls and so on, but i could not continue writing on the forum or on any other program. I tried restarting a couple times but once i see my desktop my keyboard controls go dead (aka, i can sign into ubuntu, but nothing thereafter). Thankfully, I have also have xp on the machine... which is how I know it's certainly not a hardware problem (writing this via xp on said vaio)...
    Any ideas/solutions/help would really be appreciated. All my stuff is on linux >_<
    Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: keyboard won't work.... HELP

Hi, I had a similar problem yesterday with my Dell Desktop. I disconnected from the computer and cleaned the keyboard using a can of 'dust and lint remover' and turning it upside-down and shaking. I reconnected to computer and it has worked fine since. Hope this helps you.

Beans

i am working on a laoptop, so can't really disconnect the keyboard. Also, since it works right before (to type in the log-in password) and while in XP, I think it's more of a ubuntu error or something I accidentally pressed vs the keyboard being dirty >_<.

Beans

Unhappy Re: keyboard won't work.... HELP

I have the same problem, too! Sincerely hope that someone can help me...
    Thanks!

Beans

okay... so I figured it out, though IDK how it got turned on, since I don't remember seeing a pop up saying it was going to change to slow keys (still not sure what that is, exactly, other than that it makes my keyboard unseless).
    Blook, try holding down the shift key for a min (it says 8sec, it felt waaaaaay longer), if a box pops up about disabling slow keys, click disable. Fixed mine ^_^