Thread: Ubuntu won't boot after plymouth resolution bug fix with external monitor connected

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu won't boot after plymouth resolution bug fix with external monitor connected

I just followed the tutorial at:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-t...4-140810.shtml

to fix my big and nasty ubuntu logo on bootup. The problem is that when I connect it via DVI or HDMI cable to my Plasma TV my computer will not boot at all. I get the bios screen, a blinking cursor in the upper left, and that's it. The external monitor worked before I "fixed" my bootsplash with the DVI cable. It hasn't worked with the HDMI cable since Intrepid, but I'm pretty sure that it's because my radeon x1200 card is now legacy and the open source drivers do not support HDMI properly for this card. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great. If nothing else, I would love to know how to undo the changes I made without doing a fresh install and starting all over again. I'd much rather be able to watch movies and such from my laptop on my TV than have a high res boot splash. Any ideas?
    Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. – John Adams (1814)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu won't boot after plymouth resolution bug fix with external monitor connect

Bump for another look from someone who might know how to help?
    Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide. – John Adams (1814)