Thread: Where's my nautilus input line?

Beans
    Hidden!

Where's my nautilus input line?

I could swear, I used to be able to toggle an input line for Nautilus. But now I can't find it. Did I disable it, or did it go away in some update? And... how can I get it back? I miss it!

Right now I can navigate by clicking the folder icons, and I can back-up by clicking the arrows, or at the top I have (for example) the buttons

[pic of hard drive] [home] [laura] [Documents]

I used to be able to toggle that to a blank input line, where I could just type out the directory I wanted to navigate to -
    /usr/share/icons/gnome-colors-common

Instead I have to click up, and up, and up again, scroll around looking for "usr", click, scroll around looking for "share", click, scroll around looking for "icons", click...

it's driving me crazy!

How do I get my input line back?

-zami

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Where's my nautilus input line?

Ctrl+L

Beans

It was stupidly removed in Lucid. You can toggle it back and forth with Control L.

If you want a button for it, among other glorious things, you should install nautilus-elementary.

ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    Last edited by inameiname; August 26th, 2010 at 05:11 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ugh, this annoys the hell out of me too. WHY IS THAT HORRIBLE IDEA THE DEFAULT?

I don't know if it helps but in Thunar I can go View > Location Selector > Toolbar Style.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ctrl+L

Thank you Vaphell!!

inameiname - I'm going to try nautilus-elementary, thank you for the recommendation.

Spice Weasel - thanks, I might even try XFCE full time again. I used to love Gnome...

-zami

Beans

Oh, it'll blow your mind how you ever went without nautilus-elementary. It's nautilus with all the fixes that everybody wished nautilus would do...and more.