Thread: Ghostery opens its own tab. How do I stop it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Ghostery opens its own tab. How do I stop it.

I've just allowed Ghostery to update to version 2.3. Now every time I open my browser (Firefox), a Ghostery tab opens after my homepage tab opens. How do/can I prevent this (the opening of a Ghostery tab in Firefox) from happening? Thanks.

Edit: what is popping up is a "Ghostery Configuration Walkthrough", a setup wizard. I've looked on the Ghostery forum; some are seeking ways to get around this wizard; but, so far, no answers. A Google search didn't produce anything either. So, I guess I'll run the wizard and see what happens; even though there are no settings that I would change.

Edit: walked through the wizard. Tab is now gone. Nothing has changed. I guess I'm somewhat paranoid by dealing with "rouge ware" in the past. Thanks for your indulgence...
    Last edited by jfloydb; August 26th, 2010 at 02:56 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ghostery opens its own tab. How do I stop it.

If you don't want the wizard or if it pops up again, then type about:config and the address bar, then type extensions.ghostery.tutorial in the filter and double-click the result to toggle it's state. If this property is set as false, it will trigger the wizard every time you open a new window.