Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21 years since Voyager 2 passed Neptune - anyone else watch it live on PBS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: 21 years since Voyager 2 passed Neptune - anyone else watch it live on PBS?

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    I wish NASA did cool stuff these days...
    They are. You don't like Hubble and the other Great Observatories, or the Mars rovers, or Cassini, or WMAP and COBE? Exploration in the spirit of Voyager is very much alive and kicking. We'll be sending a lot of missions to the outer planets over the next few decades, and should find out loads of amazing things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

But I still don't get why look out in the space when we know less than 1% of the oceans down at earth.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thoughts of things going wrong with the V'ger program come to mind - was this the origin of the Borg by any chance?

Back in my younger days, it was stuff like being the first to land on the moon that captured the public's imagination. I remember watching a delayed broadcast of the first moon landing and being thrilled.

On a side note, did anyone else notice that Balok was in attendance at mission control for the Apollo 13 flight?
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Talking Re: 21 years since Voyager 2 passed Neptune - anyone else watch it live on PBS?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxwivi View Post
    But I still don't get why look out in the space when we know less than 1% of the oceans down at earth.
    Because of the Kraken!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12