Thread: school wifi client not working ... (link)

Beans

school wifi client not working ... (link)

I can't seem to install this program for linux that my school requires I install to access wifi.

http://www.ccs.uottawa.ca/connect/wi...wpa-linux.html

I'm going to try to contact someone at school to help me out but I was wondering if anyone here may be able to help?

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: school wifi client not working ... (link)

Looks pretty straightforward. What sort of error do you get when you try to install ??

Beans

The package has been renamed "wpasupplicant" without an underscore. Run this:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install wpasupplicant

Beans

I think I tried a few different name variations yesterday but didn't notice anything different. I did as you instructed just now and got this message:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7...supplicant.png

I guess it should now be working? Thanks for letting me know the name changed, how did you find out? I will notify the School so they can make the change on their website (unless you have already done so or would like to).

I will resume at Step 2 of the uOttawa site instructions when I get back to campus later today (I'm currently at the public library for internet ... I moved to Ottawa a few days ago and won't have internet at home for a week probably). If the problem is solved when I try to connect later today I'll be sure to mark the topic as "SOLVED"

Thanks a lot for your help!!
    Last edited by lue42x; August 24th, 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: rephrased some sentences