Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: uninstall ubuntu

Beans

Angry uninstall ubuntu

i want to uninstall ubuntu and want to install windows xp in place of it..i had installed ubuntu onn the netbook..please help me..also in ubuntu i am not getting my other drives they are hidden...please help me to uninstall ubuntu .....please please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: uninstall ubuntu

Just pop in your Windows XP CD and install. You do not need to uninstall Ubuntu first because XP will just write over it.
    - Silverglade00

Beans

but i have installed ubuntu on netbook and i dont know the procedurre to uninstall ubuntu.........and please tell me step by step procedure....i will be very thankful to u fr ur support...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

You can't uninstall an operating system. silverglade00 has already told you what to do. Put your xp disc in and install windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

If you have a CD drive then the process is exactly as was posted. Boot from your Windows XP cd and tell it to use your entire hard drive. Unless you used WUBI there is no uninstall process, just overwrite.

If you do not have a CD drive things get a lot more complicated. Your best bet will be to find or borrow a USB CD drive and work from that.

Beans

i have no usb cd drive..but i have heard abt the installation by making usb bootable..so pls tell me abt the procedure to install xp using usb pen drive...i m really frustrated...pls help me...........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

USB installing of Windows XP is out of scope for a Linux forum.

I found the following on Google. It may be able to help you

http://liliputing.com/2008/04/instal...-note-usb.html

Here is the link to the Google search, there are a ton of resources there.

http://www.google.com/search?q=How+t...ows+XP+via+USB

Beans

so if i cannot uninstall ubuntu then please how can i access my other drives ...i am not able to access the other partition after the unix install ....in disk utility it is showing they are unmounted and when i try to mount them it shows error...please help...otherwise tell me which other linux os can i install on my dell 1012 mini.

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Can you purchase or borrow a USB CD drive ?? That's your best way to install XP.

You won't actually be prompted to use the entire drive, it's just not worded that way. The XP install is intuitive enough though, that if you follow instructions at all, you can install it just fine.

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Installing Windows XP with USB is tricky. There are many tutorials but if you read the comments it seem to be a hit and miss process. It seems that Windows is just not a very portable OS. Your best bet is to get a usb CD drive AND a windows XP disk somehow (I don't think you would have one if you buy a netbook).

If your netbook supports booting from usb you should be able to access the hidden partition by booting to a live Ubuntu usb and then use gparted from there.

Why bother with XP? Ubuntu is much better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast