Thread: PCSX-Reloaded (playstation emulator) version 1.9.92 has been released.

Beans

PCSX-Reloaded (playstation emulator) version 1.9.92 has been released.

I run my emulators on my mythbuntu box. While pcsx-r typically ran better on that box than pcsx-df did, it was hampered by the fact that it wouldn't properly take a file/rom name as an argument when opening full screen and without a gui, so it couldn't launch directly from mythbuntu. That problem has been fixed as of the August 5, 2010 release of version 1.9.92, which is available for download here: http://pcsxr.codeplex.com/releases/view/50048. You can download it as either a 32-bit or 64-bit deb.

As noted on the pcsx-r homepage, pcsx-r is not affiliated with pcsx-df and/or the original pcsx.

As a side note, my old roms of Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 (which had run poorly for me under other emulators) now run without a hitch. Try it for yourself, and see if this new release fixes some nagging problems for you, too.
    Last edited by thatguruguy; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:10 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: PCSX-Reloaded (playstation emulator) version 1.9.92 has been released.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
    Need an awesome emulator front-end for Ubuntu? Look no further than Gelide!
    Gelide Tutorial (Click Here)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs down Re: PCSX-Reloaded (playstation emulator) version 1.9.92 has been released.

working great

Beans

Smile Re: PCSX-Reloaded (playstation emulator) version 1.9.92 has been released.

Look at the article before you entered my misunderstanding, and that your opinion is unique, brilliant! It was wonderful! Thank you for letting me out of the lost.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hrrm, those <insert language here> to <English> translators don't seem to work so great it would seem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Just downloaded an installed on Lucid 64bit and it's running Final Fantasy Tactics pretty good (a little sluggish sometimes) but when I got the first save point it said my memory card was corrupted! What should I do?

Also what would be the best resolution to play this game at? I tried checking the full-screen box and it was super buggy
    I have an Asus Eee PC 1201N Netbook, here are my specs
    Code:
    Display	12.1" LED-backlit WXGA screen (1366 x 768)
    CPU & Chipset	Intel® Atom™ 330 Dual Core processor
    NVIDIA® ION™ Graphics
    Memory	4GB DDR2 SO-DIMM

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by emoguitarist06 View Post
    Just downloaded an installed on Lucid 64bit and it's running Final Fantasy Tactics pretty good (a little sluggish sometimes) but when I got the first save point it said my memory card was corrupted! What should I do?

Also what would be the best resolution to play this game at? I tried checking the full-screen box and it was super buggy
    Code:
    Display    12.1" LED-backlit WXGA screen (1366 x 768)
    CPU & Chipset    Intel® Atom™ 330 Dual Core processor
    NVIDIA® ION™ Graphics
    Memory    4GB DDR2 SO-DIMM
    pcsx-r isn't multithreaded, is it? If not, then your just running with 1.6 GHz, which I think might be a little slim for PSX emulation.

Did one of your cores max out while playing?

Beans

but when I got the first save point it said my memory card was corrupted! What should I do?
    The fake BIOS that comes with the emulator does not handle memory cards correctly. You'll need to use a real PS BIOS file instead.

Can't discuss that here, of course. Ask Google.

Beans

Code:
    Display    12.1" LED-backlit WXGA screen (1366 x 768)
    CPU & Chipset    Intel® Atom™ 330 Dual Core processor
    NVIDIA® ION™ Graphics
    Memory    4GB DDR2 SO-DIMM
    I'm running pcsx-r on an AMD box (Athlon II dual-core 250) with an nVidia 8400 GS with no problems. To get it to run full-screen, I set the resolution to my screen resolution (1380x768) and have "Fullscreen" checked in the graphics setup. I unchecked the box that says "Keep psx aspect ratio".

I had issues with the "memory card" as well, and then one day it started working. Since I didn't do anything in particular to fix it, I can't really help you on that issue.