View Poll Results: Which design do you like the most?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the first one.

6 60.00%
  • I prefer the second one.

3 30.00%
  • I don't like neither.

1 10.00%

Thread: Poll: Which design do you like the most (blueprints inside)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Poll: Which design do you like the most (blueprints inside)?

Hello, this is about an extension for firefox
    The purpose of the extension is to integrate figuritas with firefox.

It seems that the developer of the extension and I, the developer of figuritas, can't get to an agreement about how it should behave, that's why we decided to make a poll, to see what other people think.

We really appreciate your opinion!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Yuzem; August 22nd, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Poll: Which design do you like the most (blueprints inside)?

Wow! I've never seen this before, and I am a huge fan of IMDB. I like the left-hand idea with just a single icon. It's less cluttered and menus can always be added-to.

Will this addon also be available for Google Chrome? I switched to Chrome as all my favourite Forefox plugins are also available.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by richs-lxh View Post
    Will this addon also be available for Google Chrome?
    I think so, if I find a developer willing to do so, maybe it isn't very hard to port it from firefox to chrome I don't know, maybe Andrea (the addon's developer) can answer this.

Quote Originally Posted by richs-lxh View Post
    I like the left-hand idea with just a single icon. It's less cluttered and menus can always be added-to.
    Yes, my main problem with that is how to clearly represent 4 different states in a 16px icon.

I don't think it would be cluttered since most of the time no icon will be displayed but if you are in imdb the additional icon will be shown only if you have the movie in figuritas and in your computer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzem View Post
    I think so, if I find a developer willing to do so, maybe it isn't very hard to port it from firefox to chrome I don't know, maybe Andrea (the addon's developer) can answer this.
    I'm not really sure, since I have never written a Chrome extension. I think that most of the code would be the same, but one has to write the menu.

Indeed Firefox extensions use XUL, a language which describes widgets. Google extensions don't, so every widget has to be created with standard web technologies (HTML+CSS+Javascript) and will not have native apperance. In this case the only widget is the menu, so I think it will be easy to make a port. (Not that this is on my plans for now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzem View Post
    Yes, my main problem with that is how to clearly represent 4 different states in a 16px icon.
    I think we can find a reasonable way. I'm not a designer, but if anyone here has an idea, please post it. A possibility would be a animated icon (say half time figuritas logo and half time play). I'm not sure I like it, but it is something we could consider.
    Last edited by Nonno Bassotto; August 22nd, 2010 at 03:50 PM.
    Please, feel free to correct my english, so that I can improve it.

Click here to join Dropbox. Both you and I get free extra space.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Nonno Bassotto View Post
    So I think it will be easy to make a port. (Not that this is on my plans for now.)
    Ok, thanks. I'll keep an eye on the project and if/when you have a Chrome extension i'll definitely use it.

It would probably be a good idea for you to port it like other popular Firefox plugins (fasterfox, adblock, foxmarks etc) as quite a few people are switching to Chrome now as Firefox is becoming a little too bloated for some systems.

Beans

Keep it simple. One icon to rule it all. I'd say give all options at any time, but if the movie is already in the database, make the 'add to figuritas' option greyed out / unclickable or what's the term. Also I hope the 'open in figuritas' option opens in a new tab, not in prism? Good idea to integrate into the browser btw.

Beans

Of course options which do not make sense are greyed out. There is an option to decide whether to open Figuritas in the current tab or in a new tab (default is a new tab).
    Please, feel free to correct my english, so that I can improve it.

Click here to join Dropbox. Both you and I get free extra space.