Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silverkrok

Beans

Silverkrok

Silverkrok is a cross-platform fishing game. The enviroment is adjusted to actual time.

I've actually been working on this since spring 2010, but it has been a slow ride because of school and such.

Source is available, under the "Do What The **** You Want To Public License" version 2.

The alpha release is a little rough in gameplay and it has no sound, but a beta is planned.

Note:
    Silverkrok requires OpenGL 3.3 support, something that is comparable to AMD HD 4350. It works on both Nvidia and AMD cards. Mesa does not support OpenGL 3.3 yet so you need a card and official driver from either Nvidia or AMD.

Downloads at www.amyto.com Please pass this on to your friends.

See README.txt for controls
    Last edited by Sockerdrickan; August 24th, 2010 at 11:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Silverkrok

looks interesting. very casual looking.

it reminds me of reel fishing. hoping to try it out

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

well thats realy an impressive work you did there!

i like the artwork, just look great ^^ cant wait to play it.

Beans

The alpha version has been released, check it out at the website http://www.amyto.com

No Linux builds yet, however source code is available along with the win32 release.

It's a bit rough in gameplay but it's a start. I'm gonna start development on the beta version shortly which will feature a long list of improvements.
    Last edited by Sockerdrickan; August 24th, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

well, i got glm compiled. but i absolutely cannot figure out how to install it.
    edit: figured it out. couldn't find instructions anywhere, but eventually figured it out.

sdl 1.3 shouldn't be too hard to make and install. does anyone know if sdl 1.3 can be installed beside 1.2?

after that i can test it out and post a how-to on getting Silverkrok running.
    Last edited by portets; August 24th, 2010 at 08:56 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

when compiling silvercrock i get many errors. i was able to get rid of some by changing all of the gl3 include's to gl in the source files(it couldn't find gl3.h but finds gl.h(using nvidia binary driver)). now i get:

Code:
    g++ -std=c++0x -O3 -L/usr/local/lib fish.cpp
    g++ -std=c++0x -O3 -L/usr/local/lib framebuffer.cpp
    g++ -std=c++0x -O3 -L/usr/local/lib level.cpp
    framebuffer.cpp: In destructor ‘Framebuffer::~Framebuffer()’:
    framebuffer.cpp:10: error: ‘glDeleteFramebuffers’ was not declared in this scope
    framebuffer.cpp: In member function ‘void Framebuffer::init(int, int)’:
    framebuffer.cpp:14: error: ‘glGenFramebuffers’ was not declared in this scope
    framebuffer.cpp:17: error: ‘glBindFramebuffer’ was not declared in this scope
    framebuffer.cpp:21: error: ‘nullptr’ was not declared in this scope
    framebuffer.cpp:22: error: ‘glFramebufferTexture2D’ was not declared in this scope
    framebuffer.cpp: In member function ‘void Framebuffer::bind() const’:
    framebuffer.cpp:26: error: ‘glBindFramebuffer’ was not declared in this scope
    framebuffer.cpp: In static member function ‘static void Framebuffer::bindDefault()’:
    framebuffer.cpp:34: error: ‘glBindFramebuffer’ was not declared in this scope
    make: *** [framebuffer.o] Error 1
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    fish.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void Perch::update(Fish*&, int, int)’:
    fish.cpp:183: error: ‘nullptr’ was not declared in this scope
    make: *** [fish.o] Error 1
    level.cpp: In member function ‘unsigned int Level::dateInt(const std::string&)’:
    level.cpp:20: error: ‘nullptr’ was not declared in this scope
    level.cpp: In member function ‘void Level::step(int, int, const glm::core::type::mat4&, int)’:
    level.cpp:78: error: ‘nullptr’ was not declared in this scope
    level.cpp:151: error: expected primary-expression before ‘[’ token
    level.cpp:151: error: expected primary-expression before ‘]’ token
    level.cpp:151: error: expected primary-expression before ‘&’ token
    level.cpp:151: error: ‘value’ was not declared in this scope
    level.cpp:151: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
    level.cpp:151: error: expected primary-expression before ‘const’
    level.cpp:151: error: unable to deduce ‘const auto’ from ‘<expression error>’
    level.cpp:151: error: expected ‘,’ or ‘;’ before ‘{’ token
    level.cpp:68: warning: unused variable ‘seconds’
    level.cpp:151: warning: unused variable ‘timelapse’
    level.cpp:228: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
    make: *** [level.o] Error 1

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by portets View Post
    sdl 1.3 shouldn't be too hard to make and install. does anyone know if sdl 1.3 can be installed beside 1.2?
    When I make install SDL 1.3 that I compile from the trunk found at http://www.libsdl.org/hg.php I get the files placed in /usr/local/* and not /usr/* So the answer to your question is yes. The makefile for Silverkrok already reflects this /usr/local/* setting. Note that you also need GCC 4.6 from about a month ago at least ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/

I'm going to upload official Linux x86 and Linux x86_64 builds to the website today for people who don't want to get down into my crazy bleeding edge dependencies.

If anyone has problem with the graphics then please step forward. This release focused mainly on graphics.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by portets View Post
    when compiling silvercrock i get many errors. i was able to get rid of some by changing all of the gl3 include's to gl in the source files(it couldn't find gl3.h but finds gl.h(using nvidia binary driver)).
    http://www.opengl.org/registry/api/gl3.h
    Save to /usr/include/GL3/gl3.h

Looks like you also need a recent version of GCC 4.6, your make output says the C++0x keyword "nullptr" is not declared.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

oh, okay. looks like gcc was my problem. thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

hey, you should set up an svn for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast