Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Ansi C

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chennai India
    Beans
    347
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Ansi C

    i want ansi c for my system! could any pls tell from where can i download it??

    how to compile c++ programs in linux?? If i compile with GCC it is showing an error that iostream.h and conio.h files doesn't exist!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Central Valley, CA, USA
    Beans
    190
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Ansi C

    Quote Originally Posted by 1991sudarshan View Post
    i want ansi c for my system! could any pls tell from where can i download it??

    how to compile c++ programs in linux?? If i compile with GCC it is showing an error that iostream.h and conio.h files doesn't exist!!
    Start with sudo apt-get install build-essential and we'll go from there; swap gksudo 'apt-get install build-essential' for a GUI version.
    Linux for Absolute Geniuses: Real Issues. Real Solutions.
    HP Pavilion dv8210us. Since 9.10, no longer such a struggle. Still worth it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bordeaux, France
    Beans
    11,297
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Ansi C

    iostream.h and conio.h are not ANSI C.

    And obviously C++ is not C either. You seem very confused.
    Last edited by Bachstelze; August 21st, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Central Valley, CA, USA
    Beans
    190
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Ansi C

    Quote Originally Posted by Bachstelze View Post
    iostream.h and conio.h are not ANSI C.

    And obviously C++ is not C either. You seem very confused.
    You noticed that, too?
    Linux for Absolute Geniuses: Real Issues. Real Solutions.
    HP Pavilion dv8210us. Since 9.10, no longer such a struggle. Still worth it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chennai India
    Beans
    347
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Ansi C

    i need the ansi c for installing the Kdrill and I need the normal C++ compiler for compiling the programs!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chennai India
    Beans
    347
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Ansi C

    i am accessing the internet through internet cafe and i cant do it through the terminal! could u pls send me the link of the ansi and c++ compiler for linux

  7. #7
    anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sometimes I visit earth
    Beans
    5,440
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Wink Re: Ansi C

    If you followed the suggestion mentioned way above and installed build-essential (this can be done via Synaptic Package Manager or a command line, which ever you have access to) then you already installed g++ which is the C++ compiler. If you have not installed the build-essential package, do so as you'll get a lot of things you are going to need all in 1 package.

    As far as ANSI C goes, try your program with g++. I think you may not understand what ANSI is and therefore what ANSI C is, and at this point in time you shouldn't need to worry about that. Just go with g++ for the C++ compiler.

    Dave

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chennai India
    Beans
    347
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Ansi C

    Quote Originally Posted by anewguy View Post
    If you followed the suggestion mentioned way above and installed build-essential (this can be done via Synaptic Package Manager or a command line, which ever you have access to) then you already installed g++ which is the C++ compiler. If you have not installed the build-essential package, do so as you'll get a lot of things you are going to need all in 1 package.

    As far as ANSI C goes, try your program with g++. I think you may not understand what ANSI is and therefore what ANSI C is, and at this point in time you shouldn't need to worry about that. Just go with g++ for the C++ compiler.

    Dave
    But how to add the iostream.h and conio.h files to the library
    every time when i put the cin and cout statements in my programs it is showing error

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    1,180
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ansi C

    Kdrill is in the repositories, you can get it from there. conio.h is a windows header file, it won't work on linux. If you post the errors and a link to the software you are trying to build, then we might have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    1,180
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ansi C

    Is this it? http://www.bolthole.com/kdrill/

    If it is, then it is in the repositories, you need to install kdrill and kanjidic. Here it is on my desktop:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •