Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HOWTO: Smart Card authentication for logins, e-mail, TrueCrypt and more!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: HOWTO: Smart Card authentication for logins, e-mail, TrueCrypt and more!

Certainly. The one from the repos is compiled with the OpenSSL version also from the repos, so it makes sense that ig you use a different OpenSSL version, you need a different PKCS#11 engine too.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

hi,

sorry for replying late, now i able to load the module opensc-pcs11.so after installing the rebuild version of pkcs11 engine and when i was about to create the certificate, it couldn't load the libpkcs11.so from the path, so i copied engine_pkcs11.so the directory /usr/local/lib/engines/ as libpkcs11.so as it needs to be there, but when i again tried creating certificate i get the following error,

OpenSSL> req -new -x509 -days 365 -keyform engine -engine pkcs11 -key id_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -out mysmartcard.cert.pem
    unable to load module (null)
    can't use that engine
    3070696:error:260B806D:engine routines:ENGINE_TABLE_REGISTER:init failed:eng_table.c:174:
    no engine specified
    unable to load Private Key
    error in req

again it shows unable to load the module, here i thought i could ask you before i go further....

many thanks,
    D.

Beans

hi,

now i can load pkcs11 engine and module opensc-pkcs11.so, i get the following errors when i tried creating certificates,

Organizational Unit Name (eg, section) []:testbed
    Common Name (eg, YOUR name) [CA_dhinu]:CA_dhinu
    Email Address [d.gunasekaran@gmail.com]:d.gunasekaran@gmail.com
    problems making Certificate Request
    10197736:error:0B07807C:x509 certificate routines:X509_PUBKEY_set:method not supported:x_pubkey.c:112:
    Segmentation fault

i didn't get any clue to come out of this, i would like to hear from you regarding this...

thanks in advance,
    Dhinu.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

It worked for me but I compiled OpenSSL 1.0 and the PKCS#11 engine from source. Maye there's a problem with the package you've been using.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

hello, i'm back again.

the smartcard setup for my home machines is productive a while now, and i'm more than happy with the results. just to give an example: without the smart card i would have needed my 3 year old to memorize a password like

"3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQClRLcuudoW62NzWO7s/HSMqhjR
    edFkxqxKdTuNksi+oCG5QDmZtzOuAX5eCtXLKiAyt8cSNQWUhO lS9jK/5vpwMyee
    +qWQuh2jA0wfi6eoNIWGz5ZdjDn/b2BwvsOZUtpNKOtMwnce"

it's better with the pin for sure. thanks again.

now i would like to make the setup complete. the only thing missing is the full disk encryption, or encrypted lvm. truecrypt was great with windows & pre-boot auth, which is sadly not available for linux.

i googled and googled several times, but the only reference of a working setup i found here http://blog.fraggod.net/2010/4/LUKS-...-via-smartcard is obviously too high level for me.

thus, i encourage Bachstelze, or anyone else being a Jedi of this subject to share the details of a possible setup. i would be glad to test and use it if someone could lead me through the steps.

(as far i see this is the same point to which the owners of gooze.eu got)

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

I am not really familiar with FDE yet so don't expect anything about it from me any time soon, I don't really have the time to go through it now.

Beans

you know you won't see me giving up this near to the finish line.

i can wait another few years, maybe in the meantime someone will come up with a working setup.

thanks anyway for letting know.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Great How-to, I made it work. However this is a local authentication.
    Does anyone know how to get it work with Kerberos authentication? I have a windows server with the CA installed there. I would like to know how to specify the domain, the server IP adress and the rest of settings. Does anyone know how to do that or provide maybe a source describing how to do that in the web?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234