Thread: dockbarx install problem

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

dockbarx install problem

I'm trying to install DockBarX for gnome-panel, but I'm getting some dependency errors, which can normally be easily resolved.

http://i.imgur.com/YzAA3.png

On my home box, i have the exact same setup as I do here at work. Same version (10.04.1) & same repositories. At home it's working fine.

I must have enabled some "latest greatest" repo at one point in time here on my work box. So it must have upgraded a few of those important dependencies to newer unsupported versions that dockbarx's dependencies rely on.
    A couple that i notice, which are newer versions than what i have on my home box, are cpp-4.4(4.4.4-5) & gcc4-4-base (4.4.4-5).
    on home rig, i have older versions: cpp-4.4(4.4.3-4ubuntu5) & gcc-4.4-base (4.4.3-4ubuntu5).

now, as i've made sure i have no repos on my work rig to use those latest greatest anymore, is there any easy way to install older versions of those 2 packages and/or remove those 2 & reinstall with what's in my current ppa's (that have versions that dockbarx need). If I try to remove gcc-4.4-base, it wants to remove every other package i have to make gnome work properly + a ton of my apps i have installed.

so i think it'll come down to this: i can find gcc-4.4-base (4.4.3-4ubuntu5) (the version that i need), but i have to find a way to overwrite the newer gcc-4.4-base package i have installed on my work machine. any suggestions? can you force install of an older package like that w/o jacking stuff up?
    Last edited by fooey; August 20th, 2010 at 01:28 PM.