Thread: web access

Beans

web access

i installed and configured ubuntu server 6. and i configured web server and it is working fine from internal clients. but i cannot access from outside . it has to access using the global ip address of the server.

what and where do i configure this

Beans

Re: web access

If you have a global ip on your router and private ip on the server you'll need to setup port forwarding on your router.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Also, make sure your domain name is registered properly. Give the DNS servers a chance to refresh too.

Beans

i provided global ip address to the server and it is working fine internally , but cannot access from outside. do i need to register my global ip address in the DNS server, because i want to access the web using global ip address only not domain.

thank for the reply in advance

Beans

If you can access a global ip internally but not externally then you have a routing/firewall issue most likely. You could check logfiles in /var/log/apache2 in case it might be a server issue, but sounds like there is a firewall.

Beans

i checked #iptables -L
    Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
    target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

i also checked the /var/log/apache2 but it has only the log access internally.
    i connected a windows with this ip address, i can access and ping from outside, but when i connect my ubuntu server, i cannot access.