Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard.

Beans
    Hidden!

Post Re: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard.

Google brought me here, hope this info might help another user the same way someday...

Quote Originally Posted by LowSky View Post
    [*] No F9 to F12 (my motherboard need F11 to boot from another device)
    Undocumented:
    F9 = Fn+1
    F10 = Fn+2
    F11 = Fn+3
    F12 = Fn+4

Will get mine in a few days... will rip it open and see about the battery

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard.

good to know thanks for the info
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans

Is there a way to control volume on the Rii keyboard? I am using HDMI output with VDPAU on an Ion ITX. Seems I need an analog output but can't get that to work. Any ideas to avoid a second remote just for tv volume?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Fn+F3/F4/F5 control sound, but make sure to choose the correct settings in the general settings of the frontend.

I use my logitech harmony for most stuff so I don't worry about using the keyboard.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tomtdl View Post
    Is there a way to control volume on the Rii keyboard? I am using HDMI output with VDPAU on an Ion ITX. Seems I need an analog output but can't get that to work. Any ideas to avoid a second remote just for tv volume?
    Controlling volume on a digital stream before it gets to the amp is generally seen as a Bad Thing (TM) as it involves decoding the stream, adjusting the volume, and encoding it again, only for the amplifier or tv to decode it to analogue again.

But if you do want to do this, try setting the mixer device in general settings to software. then the normal myth volume controls should work.

Beans

Has anyone else found the up arrow is a bit flakey ?

Beans

Guys,

1st of all "hi" since it's my first post here.
    I recently bought one of these http://www.initcron.org/wp-content/u...Keyboard_2.jpg

I open my lappy with Ubuntu 11.04, rune bluetooth, paired, and... bang! It's working!
    Then I have installed Ubuntu 10.10 minimal version for XBMC. I followed this manual https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup but no joy. System says it's paired and trusted, but it just simply doesn't work. I believe, as it works with Unity (and Gnome probably too) it should work Ubuntu 10.10 + XBMC, am I right?

Thanks for your replies.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mk78 View Post
    Guys,

1st of all "hi" since it's my first post here.
    I recently bought one of these http://www.initcron.org/wp-content/u...Keyboard_2.jpg

I open my lappy with Ubuntu 11.04, rune bluetooth, paired, and... bang! It's working!
    Then I have installed Ubuntu 10.10 minimal version for XBMC. I followed this manual https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup but no joy. System says it's paired and trusted, but it just simply doesn't work. I believe, as it works with Unity (and Gnome probably too) it should work Ubuntu 10.10 + XBMC, am I right?

Thanks for your replies.
    Hi welcome to the forum.

if you can, you should re-ask this question in Absolute Beginners portion of the forum. This part of the forum doens't get as many people and your question might linger.

Also I have no idea how to control Bluetooth using the command line. There are plenty of GUI programs but that would require a Desktop environment like Gnome, XFCE, KDE, LXCE, etc...

Like i said ask in the beginners portion maybe someone can help better. Keyboards no matter the model should work the same way.

Beans

Yes, the point is that under gnome or unity it just started to work - haven't had to do anything additional except pairing. Would say - plug and play.
    OK, will go to beginners section... Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123