Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard.

Beans

Re: Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard.

The in-built battery could be a problem. Has anyone checked on how difficult it is to replace it and whether replacements are available?

Wouldn't want to throw out a keyboard because its battery will no longer hold a charge!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Erlander View Post
    The in-built battery could be a problem. Has anyone checked on how difficult it is to replace it and whether replacements are available?

Wouldn't want to throw out a keyboard because its battery will no longer hold a charge!
    The back is held together with 6 torx screws, and should be easy to take off if you wish to see the innards. Personally I used it over a week and left it on in most cases over night a few times and it was still going strong before I plugged it in to charge, so I have no real numbers on how long a normal charge is.

As much as I wonder if the battery is replaceable. This is basically a no name, sold only on eBay and Chinese distributor websites, type of device. Basically there is no warranty on the keyboard and if it goes bad you are going to be out a few dollars. But for the price it is a very good deal.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Hay just got one of these and at first look ...wow way cool!

Seems well made and worked right out of the box. It fits nicely in the hand but the keys are big enough to use (wouldn't want to write a book on it but great for what I need) The touchpad works great too. Will post more when I have had a chance to play. For now it is great to get that big ugly keyboard and mouse out of my living room.

Beans

Just a quick question, did you buy the Bluetooth or the wifi 2.4GHz version? Looking forward to a possible mini review!

I'm considering getting one of these too. At the moment I have a Logitech diNovo Edge, and while it's working alright, I find the size to be impractical at times. I'm hoping that if I get the Ree Mini bluetooth edition, I could have both these keyboards active using the same BT dongle.

Hi

I have a 2.4 wireless version

I think I will try a do a mini review as soon as i have time to play with it a little more.

But for now with just one night with it, I like it a lot, and it seems to work great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Has anyone tried the bluetooth version of this keyboard? I understand some other BT keyboards/trackpads (e.g. the Logitech PS3 keyboard) have problems with frequent sleep disconnects and re-connects and I wanted to ensure I don't buy something that can't be used with Ubuntu / Mythbuntu / XBMC...

FYI it's available for ~ $40 from here:
    http://www.pandawill.com/bluetooth-w...le_p37159.html
    Last edited by andersja; November 9th, 2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

FYI in case anyone has problems with bluetooth keyboard/mice disconnecting automatically:
    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-setu...in-ubuntu.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Does anyone know how to change the sensitivity of the touchpad ? I really just want the cursor to move faster across the screen.

Am running 10.04 with xbmc and minimal xfce. The touchpad is not detected in xfce mouse settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

try installing tpconfig

sudo apt-get install tpconfig
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Tpconfig returns this message:

Could not open PS/2 Port [dev/psaux/].

And nothing else happens.

P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast