Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard.
The Rii Mini Wireless Keyboard; I just got this from eBay and All I can say is wow! I wasn't expecting such a great device.
It costs about $50US runs on Wireless 2.4Ghz (a bluetooth model is also now available).
Lets face it, most of want a small wireless keyboard or remote to use with MythTV. This thing is just a bit longer than a Nokia candy bar style phone, has built in rechargeable batteries and a spot for the wireless dongle so it doesn't get lost in travel. It even has a built in laser pointer if you want to use it for presentations. It wont look out of place on your coffee table too.
- size a TV remote
- has a built in track pad and laser pointer
- about half the cost of logitech's di novo mini and has F keys but only to F8
- backlight keyboard
- can be used while booting PC
- great build quality
- trackpad can be used in two different orientations
- works right out of the box on Ubuntu and Windows XP
- has media keys for media playback and volume adjustment
- has built in sleep mode to save battery life
- keyboard isn't lined up like a natural keyboard, you need to look while typing. I keep hitting M when trying for N.
- not bluetooth and needs dongle (not really a con for me and they also make a bluetooth version)
- Track pad is a bit slow, lots of swiping required to move across a screen
- no gyroscope for track pad, to switch between vertical and horizontal you need to hit Fn+ALT
- No F9 to F12 (my motherboard need F11 to boot from another device)
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.