Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket Wireless EC1705

Beans

Re: Cricket Wireless EC1705

Yes I have setup the username and password but like you it shows connected but only dowloads at a few bits per sec. I am starting to wonder if the thing is protected from systems other than windows????

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I FIXED IT! IT'S SHOCKINGLY SIMPLE! go about setting up your broadband connection as you normally would, but set your username to yourphonenumber@mycricket.com. (You can find your number by opening the connection manager in Windows, click the help tab, and then click about cricket broadband ec1705.) And then set your password to cricket. That's it! You're done! Enjoy, and I Really hope this helps you!!!

Beans

Just hijacking and old thread to say thanks to thelinuxgeek, I was setting up a comp for a client with mint 11 and this helped. In my case I just had to go to edit connections by clicking the network icon and editing the info in the mobile broadband tab.

Number: #777 (it was in there automagically)
    user: phonenumber@mycricket.com (no dashes in the phone number)
    pw: cricket

Beans

I've been working on getting my newly installed ubuntu 12.04 internet access over cricket's EC1705. In network connections under broadband I'm entering my credentials

the default is to dial #777 all the threads I've read indicate that.

My user name is my MDN full 10 digit telephone number xxxxxxxxxx@mycricket.com

PW: cricket

I feel like I'm losing my marbles Because it's not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Beans

I also have the Cricket Mobile Bradband EC1705. Do you use pw as Cricket
    or the pw used to access data to account to Cricket?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I recently purchased this device based on the advice found on this thread. Upon receive the device and connecting it to both ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 (and variations such as lubuntu/mint etc) and following the advice here, I found the device would not connect.

Number: #777
    Username: my10digitPhoneNumber@mycricket.com
    [ 9876543210@mycricket.com ]
    Password: cricket

So here's what I found. The device MUST be ACTIVATED in either WINDOWS or MAC OS. (I did not test this on MAC, only Windows).

Pluging in the device will start a installation wizard. Once the cricket broadband software was installed I went to "Tools"->"Activation".

After that I returned to ubuntu 12.04 using the account information above and I was able to receive internet.

I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12