Thread: Zoom desktop doesn't work on new install of Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

Zoom desktop doesn't work on new install of Ubuntu 10.04

I searched through the forums, tried proposed solutions (disabling Clone output, Cube desktop settings, etc), but they don't work for me. When using zoom-in (Super+Button4), all I get is that my mouse get moved to active window (very annoying for me), and that zoom-out (Super+Button5) turns off this behaviour. I first thought that this key combination is maybe unrecognized (or used somewhere else), but I found that it works perfectly fine with ie. Magnifier plugin, without any side effects. I tried to bind zoom in/out to other mouse combinations, and to keyboard alone, but got the same results as with original bindings. I tried both Zoom desktop and Enhanced zoom desktop. Other modules seem to work fine (cube, wall, animations, ...). My conclusion is that is something wrong with Zoom plugin as it produces strange mouse behaviour instead of zooming, no matter what I use for activating it.

I have ATI 4870 card, using OSS Radeon driver, and fresh install of Ubutu 10.04. I tried fglrx also, but got problems yesterday when xorg update showed up (couldn't get graphics to work, so I switched back to radeon driver).

So... Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Zoom desktop doesn't work on new install of Ubuntu 10.04

Works fine here with nvidia.
    Maybe ati driver issue.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    Works fine here with nvidia.
    Maybe ati driver issue.
    Well, I don't know, all the other 3D stuff is working (at least, all that I tried), with both OSS and AMD's driver.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Does super+mousewheel up work?

Beans

-
    Last edited by stinkeye; August 18th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.