Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubuntu finally getting multitouch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Ubuntu finally getting multitouch

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Bibo View Post
    Unless you remove the oil glands in your fingers then it's going to be a problem.
    Fine. you win, although I thought there was a joke I could come up with a touchscreen and barbecue. Also, I have a touchscreen, and it isn't a problem for me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Superkoop View Post
    This isn't just for touchscreen devices, but it can also be used for my laptop's touchpad too, right? Like in OSX you can use two fingers on the touchpad and scroll. Will this be a standard option in Ubuntu within the next year?
    Also, is this going to be integrated in both GNOME and KDE within Ubuntu?
    Is this going to soon be an option in all major Distros? Like Debian, Red Hat, Mandriva, OpenSuse, Fedora, etc, etc?
    Will this be more of a standard through KDE/GNOME or the Kernal or is it going to be purely something extra that the distro puts in?

All I really care about is that I can use my touchpad on my laptop to do things like you can in OSX, because I really like that feature... But this is really cool if it can be well supported, and works... I'm kind of excited.
    It's standard now, if your touchpad can do it at all. My Gigabyte netbook has two-finger scroll, three-finger click. two-finger click, and one-finger click, and I didn't have to do a thing.

Will Wacom tablets work out of the box?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123