Thread: Ubucon Ohio

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Ubucon Ohio

The Ubuntu Ohio LoCo has been asked to run an Ubucon at the upcoming Ohio LinuxFest. For those of you who don't know, the OLF is being held in Columbus, OH at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.

I have volunteered to lead Ubucon alongside Jon Buckley.

I've created a wiki page to help organize things here. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubucon/Ohio
    Also Amber Graner has been kind enough to writeup a todo list which I've copied from google docs and posted here. http://paste.ubuntu.com/477468/

Anyone intrested in helping out should feel free to contact me and I'll figure out how you can help. There's alot to be done and we need to get started right away if we're going to have things ready.

I can be reached by posting here, on IRC (BiosElement in #ubuntu-us-oh on Freenode) or you can email me for other forms of contact.

I'll also update this post as needed.

-- William Chambers
    Last edited by Bios Element; August 13th, 2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Bios Elemental - My Blog | Useful Ubuntu and WINE related help as well as general Geek Things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Ubucon Ohio

I'm in! What can I do?

The schedule on the wiki implies that there will be a bunch of formal talks, but I don't know if you'll get that - especially since many potential speakers will already have submitted their talks to the main LinuxFest. Maybe we should schedule a bunch of topic BOFs?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by catherinedevlin View Post
    I'm in! What can I do?

The schedule on the wiki implies that there will be a bunch of formal talks, but I don't know if you'll get that - especially since many potential speakers will already have submitted their talks to the main LinuxFest. Maybe we should schedule a bunch of topic BOFs?
    Good question, me and jon are trying to divide the tasks up. We should have a todo list finished by tomorrow. I actually just got back from meeting with him face-to-face and we got a chance to go through most of the todo list we already had.

The schedule I grabbed was based on previous Ubucon's and what we were provided by Amber. Our general thinking is we'll fill as many spots as possible beforehand and then either grab some people on the day, mix in more lightening talks or possibly have open discussions or something alone those lines.
    Bios Elemental - My Blog | Useful Ubuntu and WINE related help as well as general Geek Things.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by Bios Element View Post
    The schedule I grabbed was based on previous Ubucon's and what we were provided by Amber. Our general thinking is we'll fill as many spots as possible beforehand and then either grab some people on the day, mix in more lightening talks or possibly have open discussions or something alone those lines.
    OK. I've always wanted to try an honest-to-goodness all-open-spaces Unconference, so if assembling a formal schedule looks unpromising...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've been working with Ubuntu for a few months now and I'm in Columbus a couple times a week for class. I go to school at DeVry over on Alum Creek Drive. I'm no programmer or anything but I have been learning rather quick when it comes to the terminal and working my way through the OS. I also do recording for my band. Unfortunately I didn't have Ardour running when we did our demo, but it is my goal to be totally on Ubuntu for recording and the like. Doesn't seem like this forum gets much attention but I'd be glad to pitch in if possible with the little bit I do know of Ubuntu.