Thread: Netbeans projects fail to run program properly on first try

Beans

Netbeans projects fail to run program properly on first try

Hi, I am currently learning C++ at school, I use netbeans as my IDE and Im really happy with it other than one problem. No matter what code I use the first time I run a program it either displays the first few lines correctly and then says "Press enter to close terminal" or it says invalid instructions. But then if I run it again without changing a thing it runs fine. This happens on all code, including examples from books and online. No matter what code it will not run properly the first time, and then it will from then on. What could be the problem? This is on Ubuntu Lucid 64bit with Netbeans 6.9.

Beans

Re: Netbeans projects fail to run program properly on first try

Am I the only one having this problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I got a similar issue (64 bit Lucid, but I guess it's not just about Lucid), the C++ app doesn't run (instead it prints a stack trace) unless I do a clean up & build first.
    Same code in Eclipse (Helios) runs without having to rebuild it each time I start the IDE.
    So I think this is a (couple) of obscure C++ support related bug(s) in NetBeans that so far unfortunately make me turn to Eclipse when it comes to C++ (no matter how much I hate Eclipse).

Beans

Hmmm OK thanks for the reply. I have code::blocks installed as well but I haven't tried it yet. While the bug is annoying its not a big problem because I can just run it again. It bothers you enough to use a different IDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Yes, but that's not all, some C++ examples from a book I'm reading don't compile at all under NetBeans (even 6.9.1) but Eclipse manages to compile them with no problems. (I'm talking about a few C++ examples from the book "OpenGL SuperBible 4th edition").

Beans

could you post one of the codes so I can try it on mine?
    you can use pastebin.com if you want, its pretty simple.
    I also just downloaded the new netbeans 6.9.1 today and I'm getting the same problem. What are your system specs? Im using an alienware m11x with the core2duo, I have been having other problems with ubuntu and this computer, for instance x server restarted as I was typing this post but thats another thread.