Thread: Convert DVD Region 2 to Region 1???

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Convert DVD Region 2 to Region 1???

My friend was just married in London. He returned with a DVD of the wedding that he cannot play in his DVD player. I've been trying to help him convert the DVD from region 2 to region 1 without much success. He ultimately wants to copy the DVD and send it to family so it has to play on region 1 players.

Does anyone know of a good website, forum or tutorial that will help me through the process? I'm sure it's simple enough, but I don't seem to know the right thing to search for.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Convert DVD Region 2 to Region 1???

Quote Originally Posted by drawkcab View Post
    My friend was just married in London. He returned with a DVD of the wedding that he cannot play in his DVD player. I've been trying to help him convert the DVD from region 2 to region 1 without much success. He ultimately wants to copy the DVD and send it to family so it has to play on region 1 players.

Does anyone know of a good website, forum or tutorial that will help me through the process? I'm sure it's simple enough, but I don't seem to know the right thing to search for.

Thanks!
    Using DVD Decrypter (Windows software, but works fine in WINE if needed), you can create a region-free ISO from the DVD. Then burn it onto a blank DVD, and you get a region-free copy.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thanks! I'll try that ASAP. I thought it was easier than I was making it out to be.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Let's see ... An American comes to England to get married and somebody is commissioned to make a movie of the event ... and the movie-maker doesn't notice that some of the guests are American? And why did he region-encode it in the first place? If I were your friend I would contact the movie-maker (possibly through the person who commisioned him) and demand a copy that was not region-encoded! I'm assuming a professionally created DVD, rather than something created by a friend as a wedding present.

Andrew