Thread: Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac

Beans

Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac

Hi all,

I am writing in order to find information on making a Live USB with Ubuntu with a Mac.
    I have a laptop that Im going to install Ubuntu but I cannot use it to make the Live USB for various reasons.

In the past, I used on my laptop the "Unetbootin" software to make a Ubuntu Live USB and it did worked well. Now, I just realized that Unetbootin can only be used with Linux or Windows so I would really appreciate if someone could provide information and maybe name a software that could be useful to me to do this task.

Looking forward hearing some ideas.

V.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac

I tried exactly this, trying everything even using UNetBootin on Windows and trying the Live USB on Mac without success (it wouldn't recognise the USB as a a startup device/disc, nor when I pressed Alt at start up. I ended up having to get a DVD disc and burning Ubuntu ISO on that to install on my Mac. I'd wait, though, incase anyone else knows how you can get this done .

Beans

Re: Making A Live USB Ubuntu on Mac

This -> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post10425861 is probably what your looking for.