Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: How to install PHP-GTK in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Beans

Re: HOWTO: How to install PHP-GTK in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey bastones ,thanks alot this article worked with me greatly ..but as soon as i try to use
    mysql functions its reports an error "Call to undefined function mysql_connect()"
    so i would be grateful if illustrate how to solve this problem
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by karaksi View Post
    hey bastones ,thanks alot this article worked with me greatly ..but as soon as i try to use
    mysql functions its reports an error "Call to undefined function mysql_connect()"
    so i would be grateful if illustrate how to solve this problem
    Thanks
    Hey Karaksi,
    Sounds like you need the mysql.so extension installed.
    Type:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install php5-mysql
    That will install the library for utilizing mysql functions in PHP.
    If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem
    -- Gerard Beekmans, LFS

Beans

Re: HOWTO: How to install PHP-GTK in 10.04 Lucid Lynx and Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerk

Thanks! I have been trying to get the gui working for PTS. Your posting made it happen
    gotmonkey
    chown -R us ./base

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There is now a simple .deb install file to do all this here >
    Make sure you download the correct version for your system (32bit-64bit)
    http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/misc/php5-gtk-lucid/
    AMD FX-6200 - MSI 4.1Ghz- Nvidia GTX550Ti -12/GIG - 60GB-SSD/500 Sata - 12.04 - Gnome 3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

The 64-bit deb also seems to work fine on 10.10.

Edit: Nice find!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Talking Re: HOWTO: How to install PHP-GTK in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Instructions work perfectly well for Debian 6.0. Very well written. Thank you for your attention to detail.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 8.04 Hardy Heron

Thumbs up Re: HOWTO: How to install PHP-GTK in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by cyborgspiders; March 15th, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Beans

Many thanks for having taken the effort to figure this out. I am building my new workstation on 10.10 and php-gtk2 is absolutely essential for me.

For those who'd like some icing on the cake, it is possible to extend php-gtk2 with additional libraries, to wit: GtkExtra, GtkSourceview, and Libsexy.

The latter two can be obtained through Synaptic. Note that you must install the header files too, pick the libraries with the dev suffix. GtkSourceview is available in two versions, 1.x is the one you need.

GtkExtra must be compiled from source. This fails however, make complains about a function (gtkItemEntry::gtk_entry_reset_im_context()) being declared as static while the same function in the parent class was not, which is something apparently not done in C.
    My attempted fix was to remove the static keyword from the function declaration/definition in the appropriate source file (gtkitementry.c), which may have introduced a bug but at least it compiles...

For those who want to try for themselves, use version 2.1.2 - the older 2.1.1 version throws a lot more errors.
    Untar the source in ~/Downloads (or wherever you find convenient).
    Code:
    cd Downloads/gtk+extra-2.1.2
    ./buildconf
    ./configure
    make
    sudo make install
    If make does not throw the above mentioned error (might depend on the version of gtk you have) then Bob's your uncle. If it does, one might attempt the above mentioned fix. Note that the offending static keyword must be removed in two locations, once near the top of the file (function declaration) and a second time further down (function definition).

After this little bit of surgery, the library should now compile. I haven't thoroughly tested it however, so I don't guarantee it doesn't introduce some bug. If someone who is more practical with C and the innards of gtk has a more appropriate fix I'd sure be delighted to hear about it.

Having compiled GtkExtra, and installed GtkSourceView and LibSexy with their respective header files, one can now compile php-gtk with these extensions by adding the following flags to configure:

Code:
    ./configure --with-extra --with-libsexy --with-sourceview
    Thus the results of a 24-hour crash course in compiling and source code voodoo. One's never too old to learn. Caffeine sure helps though.
    Last edited by olandesevolante; June 15th, 2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: dropped last paragraph

Beans

Re: HOWTO: How to install PHP-GTK in 10.04 Lucid Lynx and Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerk

After several hours of trying, reading tutorials, getting into some of the source to find the issues, this worked completely flawlessly on 11.04. Thanks and cheers!

Beans

Many thanks. A first-rate set of instructions.You say you did a google search to piece all this together; I very much appreciate your efforts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast