Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: I Cant Install Ubuntu

i just tried xubuntu, but the same thing happened but with the xubuntu logo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok good news, I'm now on ubuntu 10.04, first tried to install from normal cd and that didnt even start to install, but thanks to Corrytonapple I made alternate boot cd just to be sure, and it worked perfectly, i also got picture of what happened with the normal cd and i guess it might be good to show to you people but how do i get it here??

just hoping this will now keep working as good as now didnt like fedora 13, too little programs in packet manager and im too noob to compile anything

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Try the alternate CD like Otu did.
    --Corrytonapple----
    [Toshiba L455-S5008] [Intel Pentium 2.4GHz Procesor]
    [250GB HDD;4GB RAM] [Debian Wheezy 7.0 with GNOME 3][Fedora 16]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

alright, ill try it now.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

it didnt work.

i tried doing it and it messed up my xp. took a week just to get xp installed again. i ordered a disc from ubuntu and that didnt work either.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Try editing the grub entry (F6 on boot) and removing "splash" and "quiet". If this doesn't work by itself, try adding "xforcevesa", "acpi=off" or "nomodeset".

This got the standard live CD working for me (after weeks of frustration). There's also a "i915.modeset=0" or "i915.modeset=1" option that works for problems with some intel graphics chipsets.
    Last edited by GenBattle; August 26th, 2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added intel switches

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Check your sectors on the hd with some other program other than from MS. I had a computer that kept failing and hanging on install. Windows said the HD was good. After I downloaded the HD system utilities and tested it. It showed multi sectors screwed. Replaced HD and ubuntu installed without a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

i intuitively suspect this is a kernel compatibility issue. Have you tried downloading LiveCDs with different kernels to try. To be eco-friendly and cost saving, instead of burning LiveCDs, you may want to build LiveUSB by UNetbootin. Sometimes older kernels mythically work better than the newer ones during installation.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

if "Alt + F1" is still responsive to give you system messages while booting, please post them here.

Beans

You've got lots of options. Have you checked your capability to boot from a USB mem stick? (See Ubuntu page install instructions)

A very common problem is the failure of certain files to be written to the ISO image CD because the record speed is too high.

Make a new CD and this time be sure to turn the burn speed right down as low as it can go. Everyone is in a rush to create speedy burns that are actually missing files.

If you put the CD in and nothing happens but other discs DO work then clearly the problem is the disk.

Follow Ubuntu's install instructions to the letter, being certain not to save a Windows 7 install image when you're using Windows XP, for example.

If you CAN install from an image burnt to the USB then do it.

All the options saying "Show Me How" here - http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Should be closely examined.

Good luck,

David.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast