Thread: Mythweb Direct Download - file extension names

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Mythweb Direct Download - file extension names

When I use Mythweb to output a recording as an .mpg file (using the Direct Download button) the file ends up with a name suffix consisting of ".mpg..mpg.". Ie too many mpg suffixes.

This has started to occur only since a recent update of my system to 10.04, which included a Mythtv update.

There must be a parameter setting somewhere that describes the suffix, but where is it. Or where else do I look in my set-up to resolve this as a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Mythweb Direct Download - file extension names

Anyone able to help with this, please? Does anyone else have this as a problem?

Beans

Hi,

I'm seeing this aswell, since upgrading to autobuilds. I can still watch the downloaded videos with vlc on my windows laptop so it's not a problem for me.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It's an upstream bug that was fixed in trunk. I'm not sure if it was fixed in 0.23.1 though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    It's an upstream bug that was fixed in trunk. I'm not sure if it was fixed in 0.23.1 though.
    So how do you get 0.23.1? I already have autobuilds enabled and have just done am apt-get update/upgrade and am at 25423.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    Our network is up to date as of a week or two ago (recent enough to fix the fanart dilemna), yet still doubles up the .mpg extensions through MythWeb...

While a slight annoyance, it doesn't bother me too much - the recordings I pull through MythWeb are always gonna be transcoded anyways, so thus will always wind up with a new (.avi) filename at any rate. Even before transcoding the files are completely usable as they still have an .mpg extension at the end of the day

Cheers,
    Mattt.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hmm, I can't find the bug report right now, I'll continue searching.

As for auto-builds, there is now a 0.23.1 PPA, 0.23.0 PPA will not receive more updates. You can manually edit the sources for 0.23.1, you will need to disable mythbuntu-repos to do this though. I'll update mythbuntu-repos when I can, but it will probably be after thursday (feature freeze)

https://edge.launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/0.23.1