Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chromium Daily & Maverick

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

[SOLVED] Chromium Daily & Maverick

Is anyone else getting this problem or is it just me? The UI in Chromium Daily has expanded in the last few updates...
    Last edited by go7Ul1ai; August 11th, 2010 at 08:25 AM.

Beans

Re: Chromium Daily & Maverick

I have noticed a huge addressbar which in turn makes the toolbar very big but after installing the ambiance theme it went back to normal.

<EDIT>
    I meant ambiance theme for chrome,chromium not the ambiance gtk theme.
    I have just tried a couple of other themes and the UI looked normal size so only seems to affect the "standard" theme.
    Last edited by x-shaney-x; August 6th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro

it happens every time I switch to the Ambiance theme, it applies the chrome buttoms in the correct Ubuntu ordering. I assume this is on purpose, annoying as it might be.
    On strike during the Oneiric cycle due to ungratefulness of Ubuntu.

Beans

I have been having several problems with the Daily and Maverick to the point of not even using Chromium now. My issues are with rendering, and coming here to the forum is a good example where everything is bunched to the left side of the screen and opening a thread has each message in that thread at different locations (left center and right justified). This began a 3 days ago.

Beans

Have you updated today?
    I have had a lot of problems over the past 3 days with sites not fully loading, not loading at all or only ads loading and no content!!

After updating today it seems to be behaving. I don't know about the the ui because I still have ambiance theme on.
    Also, if using adblock, that has caused a lot of problems lately too.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lee.jarratt View Post
    Is anyone else getting this problem or is it just me? The UI in Chromium Daily has expanded in the last few updates...

[
    Ya i am seeing this also and I want it back the way it was...hopefully it goes back to normal. =)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

This is strange, because this issue has only been happening for the past 2 days or so, but as someone said above, when changing to a different chrome/chromium theme, the issue is resolved.. This had never happened to me before using the default theme for the browser.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lee.jarratt View Post
    This is strange, because this issue has only been happening for the past 2 days or so, but as someone said above, when changing to a different chrome/chromium theme, the issue is resolved.. This had never happened to me before using the default theme for the browser.
    I am also seeing it since past 2 or 3 days. I just changed from GTK theme to chrome "classic" theme (default blue one) and it goes back to normal. Seems like something in chrome GTK theme is broken and making the button padding/height big. I even tried to change the ubuntu theme to see if it would help but it didn't...so only option seems to change chrome theme until this is fixed.

Beans

Has this been reported upstream?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by ceramicm View Post
    Has this been reported upstream?
    fix is coming soon...maybe next daily build.

http://crbug.com/51325

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast