Thread: Jolicloud - OS for netbooks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Jolicloud - OS for netbooks

Hiya,

I just wanted to share this new Linux-based netbook OS with you guys It's called Jolicloud. It seems really interesting and definetly worth trying. I wonder how it manages to handle external display with it, Ubuntu had some issues with my EeePC 1000H...

Share your opinions of it in here. I'm going to install it as soon as I return to my hometown to tweak with my netbook laptop.

EDIT: Ok, sorry.. There existed a thread for this already. Somehow I didn't find any topic with my first search, but quick search did instead...

Beans

Re: Jolicloud - OS for netbooks

Actually I saw it two weeks before.
    and its look like very nice OS.
    I'll be glad to hear some review about it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

you cant say its new.. atleast now ! However i have tested it and it looks good. But ofr netbooks nothing can beat UNE (Ubuntu Netbook Edition). you can also try Easypeasy which is also an ubuntu based Netbook OS !
    For Ubuntu basics :-> www.linoob.com

Ubuntu User #31222

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't have a netbook, but they seem popular. There are many desktop distros already, and now netbooks have a few. I have to wonder: how can they keep free cloud storage?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Austin25 View Post
    I don't have a netbook, but they seem popular. There are many desktop distros already, and now netbooks have a few. I have to wonder: how can they keep free cloud storage?
    They do this by overselling and upgrades. If they give you 10GB of space, they know you're not going to use up all 10GB, most users will use a few hundred MBs. Users that want more out of the service then purchase upgrades, so these factors combined together help support the infrastructure they need and keep attracting more users.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I read this and laughed...

Your Favorite Apps

All the usual suspects are available on Jolicloud: Firefox, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, Boxee, Hulu, and many more.
    I didn't know Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, and Hulu were applications. I could have sworn they are websites... hmmm

This seems like another gOS to me

Beans

I might try it myself. Is it a live cd?

Beans

Its based off Ubuntu Netbook Remix, with some proprietary features thrown in. If you know Ubuntu, then Jolicloud is right up your alley.