Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Still unnerved about Shuttleworth and CNR

Beans

Re: Still unnerved about Shuttleworth and CNR

Quote Originally Posted by mstlyevil
    Who cares if it is a third party app. The point is you never have to install it and use it. Nothing changes for you and you can still have your totally free software in Ubuntu. Some of you worry too much about something that will never effect you in the first place.

If you want to know the truth, Linspire does not need Marks permission to even make a CNR for Ubuntu. The fact that Marks permission is important to them says a lot about the company and their values. Ubuntu has nothing to do with it after Mark says it is ok. It will be another of hundreds of third party apps available for Ubuntu that you can choose either way to install or not install.
    I never said I cared about it being a third party, what I care about is Linspires lax security methods and I think it may reflect poorly on Ubuntu if this is a Ubuntu approved software installation method.

Of course, if it is simply a third party app then I guess it wouldn't reflect on Ubuntu at all.

Oh, and actually I never did see anyone asking for marks permission to make it either. As far as Linspires values well it is a company and dollar signs ARE their values!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Arktis
    Anyways, I got what I was after when I posted this topic.

And a little abuse, too. Thanks, guys.
    I hope I helped. I promise I did not intend any malice in my words.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Well. I fail to see what my/our opinion has to do with Shuttleworth's attitude. If you have a problem with *him* personally, email him and ask him about it yourself.

Beans

This subject has been well and truely thrashed out here before. Also its not a reality at this point.
    This thread is destined to go down the drain so I think its best ended here .
    This account is not active.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234