Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: Disagree with the user above you

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Disagree with the user above you

That's alright for a ¾ inch serial fish and squid killer who probably has had the 6 million dollar electronic brain implant by virtue of nefarious activities at his place of employment but the rest of us have difficulty communicating with our own shaving implements until that first slug of caffeine hits the system.

Shaving devices can be lethal.
    Intelligence - that which leads to harmony

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Just briefly, I paid $6.50AU for a couple of parts we didn't have at the office Shaving devices require very little focus these days, perhaps when you were a child you had the cut throat razor and the leather strop but my first razor took supreme effort or severely gross negligence to facilitate a fatality - effectively the most incredible paper cuts you've ever felt if you slid it sideways on your skin but more precisely depth limited than paper!

People should all agree that dogs clearly have mastery of species - how many dogs do you see following humans around and scooping up their droppings to dispose of thoughtfully for them?
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro

Typical dumb man. Most of our expressions that include dog are old enough to be based in times when dogs were not cosseted, but were kept as watchdogs or hunting animals, not as pets. They often weren’t allowed in the house, but were kept in kennels, fed scraps, worked hard, and often died young. So going to the dogs, dog tired, to die like a dog, dog’s dinner, dogsbody, dog eat dog, and a dog’s life all refer to a state of affairs best avoided. Specifically, a dog’s life is first recorded in the sixteenth century and seems to have remained in the language with the sense of “a life of misery, or of miserable subserviency” ever since.

You should have a "hang-dog" expression now!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by cpmman View Post
    Typical dumb man. Most of our expressions that include dog are old enough to be based in times when dogs were not cosseted, but were kept as watchdogs or hunting animals, not as pets. They often weren’t allowed in the house, but were kept in kennels, fed scraps, worked hard, and often died young. So going to the dogs, dog tired, to die like a dog, dog’s dinner, dogsbody, dog eat dog, and a dog’s life all refer to a state of affairs best avoided. Specifically, a dog’s life is first recorded in the sixteenth century and seems to have remained in the language with the sense of “a life of misery, or of miserable subserviency” ever since.

You should have a "hang-dog" expression now!
    Sorry, but a dog's life has come to mean something entirely different today...
    Profit is a Necessary Element of Philanthropy.

Beans
    Distro

Only by those who pervert the English language to disguise their lack of moral fibre and loss of those qualities we canines used to respect.

Humans have given in to base instincts which would disgrace a self-respecting dog.

Beans
    Distro

Oh yeah, I lick myself very intimately in front of anyone too. Your avatar is a picture of a dog, that doesn't make you a dog, much more likely a log

Cats make dogs look like unwieldy tongues with anything from minuscule to massive frame behind them to propel them higher up you if you stand up to stop taking a bath.
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro

moggies are useful for chasing and providing the raw materials for acoustic guitar strings. Everything looks massive to a ¾ inch penguin. Not had a bath for more than three months - I had a special shower room built in to my house here.

It is not possible for a ¾ inch penguin to beak her/him/itself whether intimately or otherwise.

pricetech is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cpmman View Post
    It is not possible for a ¾ inch penguin to beak her/him/itself whether intimately or otherwise.
    Uh, okay. I'm going to disagree with you, but only to maintain the spirit of the thread since I really don't know and frankly don't want to find out.

Dogs are infinitely more intelligent than humans.

Beans
    Distro

Dogs are so stupid they make friends with humans and chase moggies for fun.

All dogs should be impounded and donated to M****alds to improve the flavour of their products.

Beans
    Distro

Although I know people who agree that the flavour could do with improving I feel confident they would give you a fair amount of grief over your suggestion to use dog.

Goats should be used to mind small children instead of teenagers

Page 60 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast