Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Disagree with the user above you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Disagree with the user above you

But you see, this thread is not like those threads, because in those other threads people *do* explain why the other user is wrong at great length!

I think that rather than moving flame wars to 'Recurring Discussions' they should simply be appended to this thread.
    Intel core i5-2400, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Zorgoth View Post
    But you see, this thread is not like those threads, because in those other threads people *do* explain why the other user is wrong at great length!

I think that rather than moving flame wars to 'Recurring Discussions' they should simply be appended to this thread.
    that's actually a good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that this thread is in "Cafe Games" - so appending to this thread would reduce these flame wars to mere games -- and everybody knows flame wars are serious business.

Beans
    Distro

Flame wars are caused by those idiots who use vim instead of emacs and KDE instead of GNOME, and are not serious at all.

That kind of person should be relegated to this forum because they are like children.
    Intel core i5-2400, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I disagree....

and by the way, NANO BEATS BOTH! HA HA!
    The above post definitely does not contain any sarcasm at all.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I disagree because Gedit is fine
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Beans
    Distro

I disagree coz Gedit is for GUI where nano is for terminal and works very nicely via SSH.

The amount of times I have SSH'd into someones box and found vi was pretty much broken made me switch to nano where the loonies that taught me 'stuff' were hell bent on the whole world BASHing it with vi.
    Last edited by robsoles; August 5th, 2010 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Did anyone notice the forum's 'subscription' and similar lists are a little broken/frozen at the moment?
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No. Gedit.
    It has syntax highlighting!

Beans

I disagree. I'm trying to insert some text in Italian and the "syntax" is screwed up. Just because I've chosen to install the OS in English doesn't mean all I write is in English.

But the syntax highlighting may bring those little emo kids on the right way, I'm fed up of seeing people writing like I no dat u did diz coz I was there but I dunno y u did diz, coz ur 2 dumb 2 undastnd diz?
    Come on, you're on a forum, it's not like sending a text.. Or did they steal some keys from your keyboard, maybe?
    I'm a human, so I can make mistakes. Therefore this post (which represents my view) may be mistaken or contain errors.
    Oh, by the way, it may also feature some sarcasm. So take it easy.

Beans
    Distro

I totally disagree with julio_cortez being located at a private IP address in the C class - I can't disagree about his grievances above!
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

see, that's where both you and julio_cortez are wrong. He's complaining about spelling and grammar checking, not syntax highlighting. Completely different thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syntax_highlighting

While we're on the subject : although spelling and grammar checking, and even syntax highlighting, can be useful features, people should just be able to write correctly without them. All this pampering and hand-holding makes people lazy and incompetent.

Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast