Thread: Compiz isn't showing advanced things even after compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

Beans

Compiz isn't showing advanced things even after compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

I use compiz along with the advanced plugins, but after a while of flawless operation the advanced options disappeared. I reinstalled the advanced plugin pack-thing but they're still not there. How do I refresh them?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Compiz isn't showing advanced things even after compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

First make sure that "Animations Add-On" and "Animations" in CompizConfig are checked, if add ons are not showing try restarting, or installing it again. If it still doesn't work try reinstalling the addons and CompizConfig Settings Manager.
    I had the same thing happen to me not long ago, and reinstalling them both seemed to work.

If your going to reinstall, install it through terminal, not through the Software Centre.
    To uninstall them find "compizconfig-settings-manager" and "compiz-fusion-plugins-extra" in Synaptic Package Manager then right click on them and select "Mark for Complete Removal" then "Apply"
    after uninstalling them both go to System > Preferences > Appearance then go to Visual Effects and make sure its on "Extra"
    Then install them both again with these commands
    sudo aptitude install compizconfig-settings-manager
    then when that finishes
    sudo aptitude install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
    and the addons should be back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

or after u finish installing Compiz, type the following in the terminal :

sudo apt-get install compiz-fusion-plugins-extra

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Not sure what you mean by the "advanced plugins" but by the title of the thread you have already installed compiz-plugins-extra. There are plugins which are not in the extra or even the compiz-plugins-unsupported package (like screen saver and anaglyph) You can get all Compiz plugins (those are not in the repository) with a script, but be warned that some are labeled "experimental".

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/11/install-compiz-experimental-plugins-in.html