Thread: zipfile in python

Beans

zipfile in python

I make a temp directory inside the current working directory, download images to temp, package them using zipfile, and then copy the zipfile out to another location. It works file, but the zipfile copies the folder structure of the temp folder, i.e. instead of an archive with 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg...I have instead temp/001.jpg, temp/002.jpg, temp/003.jpg

Any way to remedy this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: zipfile in python

What's your code?
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Code:
    def compress(mangaChapterPrefix, current_chapter, download_path, current_page, download_format):
    	print('Compressing...')
    	z = zipfile.ZipFile('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + download_format, 'a')
    	for page in range(1, current_page + 1):
    		z.write('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg')
    	shutil.move('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + download_format, download_path)
    	cleanTmp()
    The images are stored in mangadl_tmp. My intention is to create the zip archive inside the tmp folder as well, then move it out to download_path.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

We're not supposed to help with illegal stuff, but have a look at the arcname argument to write().
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Beans

Here is something that might work:

You could change to the "mangadl_tmp" directory before issuing the zip command:
    http://docs.python.org/library/os.html
    Last edited by Jacobian; August 3rd, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Beans

Changing arcname fixed it for me. I assumed the default behavior of write was to grab the filename and not the full path passed to it, but this was not the case.

Code:
    z.write('mangadl_tmp/' + mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg', mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg')

Beans

to clean up your code and to make it more portable across platforms I would introduce a variable for the filename, and I would use the join method in the os.path library, you get then
    Code:
    filename = mangaChapterPrefix + '_' + str(page).zfill(3) + '.jpg'
    z.write((os.path.join('mangadl_tmp', filename), filename))

Beans

Done - thanks for pointing this out. I'd actually been wondering about this for a long time.