Thread: Autorun content, screwing with my drive!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Exclamation Autorun content, screwing with my drive!

This problem has persisted for several weeks, I have a second hard drive that I use to store my downloaded files named "Spinning" and I needed to mount a 6.4 gb game iso on it so I downloaded the mount and unmount scripts from an ubunutgeek tutorial. Unfortuneatly the unmount script would not work at all or even show up so I just delted the mounted iso. Now, when I open my drive up it shows the below window and when clicking "run" it says it can't find the autorun file and cancel does nothing
    I have tried messing with alot of autorun setting but nothing works,
    thanks in advance

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

Re: Autorun content, screwing with my drive!

I could be wrong, but I think the .inf file for auto run is a windows file and it wouldn't be executed in Linux. The autorun prompt will show up regardless but you can change it in file system > edit > preference > media. It seems that the .inf file would not run in WINE, seems to be a security thing..

I tried the script, umount doesn't seem to work. You have to go to the terminal and cd into the directory where the iso is mounted and type
    Code:
    sudo umount isoimage
    You can try gmount-iso from the repo, you have to create a mount point (a directory to mount your iso) manually though. Also you can try furius iso which takes care of the mount point automatically and can mount multiple isos, but I am not sure if you can choose your mount point if desired (say you want to set up a designated mount point for Windows app and map it to the cd rom drive in WINE)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

See, the problem is, I no longer have the .iso that was mounted (deleted) so I don't see how I can unmount it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sooo, does anyone want to shed some light on this?

I really need to unmount this iso that I deleted, this is seeming impossible to me right now.

Maybe Could I disable autorun altogether?

thanks