Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simultaneous Output to Two Sound Cards?

Beans

Simultaneous Output to Two Sound Cards?

Hi,

I'm looking to get EVERY sound on my PC (So it doesn't have to be application specific) to be outputted to BOTH my onbaord sound (hooked up to my speakers) and my ESI Juli@ (hooked up to my amp > headphones). So that I can listen with my headphones, but if I want to take them off, I can just turn on my speakers and listen.

I tried creating a Pulse Audio "Simultaneous Output to all Sound Devices" but it doesn't seem to be working (Both sound cards are set to unmuted, each at same volume, and the Virtual Output is set as default, also unmuted, same volume)

I was (surprisingly) not able to find anything related to this specifically on google. People were looking for application specific rules on which sound card to output to, but I don't care for that, just send everything to both, and I'll use hardware controls to mute/turn off what I don't want.

Anyway, thanks for the help in advance!

Beans

Re: Simultaneous Output to Two Sound Cards?

Bump.

Beans

I found this. But I'm not sure how to tailor it to my setup per se? Help?

http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/.a...multiple_cards

Beans

Beans

Still waiting on absolutely ANY input. I need this to work...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Literati View Post
    I'm looking to get EVERY sound on my PC (So it doesn't have to be application specific) to be outputted to BOTH my onbaord sound (hooked up to my speakers) and my ESI Juli@ (hooked up to my amp > headphones). So that I can listen with my headphones, but if I want to take them off, I can just turn on my speakers and listen.... I'll use hardware controls to mute/turn off what I don't want.
    Send all audio to either the onboard, or the Juli@, connect that to your amp, connect speakers to amp, and use your amp headphone socket when you want to use headphones?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by OscarFoxtrot View Post
    Send all audio to either the onboard, or the Juli@, connect that to your amp, connect speakers to amp, and use your amp headphone socket when you want to use headphones?
    No, that won't work.
    It's a headphone only amplifier (To power my Sennheiser HD650s).

The Juli@ has RCA outputs to lead to the RCA Inputs on the Amp. Whereas the onboard has those like, 5 or 6 coloured ones (Green, Blue, Orange, etc) to lead to my 5 Speakers + Sub.

Beans

That's an impressive looking sound card. Does it have 2 separate outputs you could run one to each sound source?

What are you using to play sounds and music? You may be able to configure one application to use one output, ie vlc and another application to go to another output.

Beans

It doesn't unfortunately, it has a set of RCA In's, and RCA Out's, and then if I flip it it has balanced jakcs. But I don't have any balanced cables, so that's a moot point

Anyway, I think it'll have to stay as two seperate sound cards, so can anyone help me on that front?

Beans

Please? Or point me somewhere where I could maybe get some help?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast