Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems updating 7.04 to 7.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problems updating 7.04 to 7.10

Thanks, tjpk! I am now successfully running Gutsy. *happy dance*

And thanks k3lt01. Now I only have one more upgrade before I am in support-land!

Have a great day, both of you!

Just so you know the oldest supported version is Hardy which is 8.04, the next one is Jaunty which is 9.04.

FYI, Hardy Heron is only supported until April 2011. If you care more about having a long term support (LTS) version, than the latest version, I would see about upgrading from Hardy to Lucid Lynx which is the latest LTS. The desktop will be updated until 2013. Regular builds are supported only for 18 months.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Thank you, Sef. I actually plan to keep updating until the latest version. I just figured that there would be more help available, forum support and whatnot, once I was into a currently supported release.

I am working on the upgrade to Hardy right now, and so far so good! Even though this may not have been the "ideal way" to enter, I'm definitely learning a lot from the process.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by whitemagicwoman View Post
    Thank you, Sef. I actually plan to keep updating until the latest version. I just figured that there would be more help available, forum support and whatnot, once I was into a currently supported release.

I am working on the upgrade to Hardy right now, and so far so good! Even though this may not have been the "ideal way" to enter, I'm definitely learning a lot from the process.
    well, you definitely have the right attitude
    glad we could help.

ps: once you get to hardy you should be able to upgrade directly to lucid, so technically you're only two steps away from the latest version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12