Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Unable to install Ubuntu 10.04 64bit on new Macbook no HDD found

Just purchased a new Mac book (white) Uni-body
    Model ID 7.1

Intel 2.4 GHz Core Duo
    Mac OS X 10.6.4
    4Gb Ram (upgraded)
    Hitachi 500Gb 7200 RPM (Upgraded)

Installed r-EFIt and then ran disk utility created 3 partitions one for Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and two for Ubuntu 10.04 the windows install went smooth was able to boot into either OS without any problems then tried installing Ubuntu and then would get errors using the Live CD that I created I burned two additional disks at slower speeds then tried one of them in a another PC and it would work even ran it in live CD mode now have my taste buds wet want to use it on my Mac Book.

When I tried to install on the Mac Book it would fail with error no device found to install it would not even get to select the language with internal DVD drive so I hooked up a usb drive and would get up to step 4 to where you select the partition to install Ubuntu on this is where it gets to the problem it was blank no internal drive was able to get to Gparted in Live mode and same thing the hard drive would not show up.

I booted back into MAC OS X and ran disk utility it shows the partitions.

A additional I tried the option to turn off ACPI before running installer still could not find the hard drive also downloaded a live gparted and same result could not see the HDD

I really don’t like to run a Virtual machine if I can help it hopefully someone has a walk around to get Ubuntu to install

Beans

Re: Unable to install Ubuntu 10.04 64bit on new Macbook no HDD found

This is probably the same problem as with the 13" Macbook Pro as described here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro7-1/Lucid

The solution is to download the Lucid daily linked from that wiki page.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Unable to install Ubuntu 10.04 64bit on new Macbook no HDD found

The link worked was able to finally get it installed had to use a DVD because it is 707mb and won't fit on a cd