Thread: Can't print in Lucid...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cool Can't print in Lucid...

Hey guys,
    I've got an ASUS EeePC 1005PE and I'm running Netbook Remix 10.04. I,ve got an HP Deskjet D1660 hooked up via USB. CUPS sees it and says it's good. When I try to print though nothing happens. CUPS says the jobs completed, but it doesn't tell the printer to print. I had it working perfectly on Netbook Remix 9.10 before, but I haven't been able to print since installing 10.04. I also can't print to file. Looks like everything saves and no error messages, but there's no file. Any ideas? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Can't print in Lucid...

Ok, I've already tried reinstalling the printer and restarting the CUPS server with no luck. I just reinstalled CUPS and still no luck. Cups says the printer's processing and goes back to idle, but the printer doesn't do anything. Same with the print to file. All looks normal but no file. ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok, print to file working now, but still not able to print form the printer. Help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok, I got my printer working. Found the answer at http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/sh...30#post9666730. Had to reinstall the printer using HP's workaround. Printer's working great now.