Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Laptop INCOMPATIBILITY List.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

Compaq mini 133
    Wireless works.... 50/50.. sometimes it works sometimes doesnt.. it has a realtek wireless chipset..

further touchpad responses bad with tapping.. further everything works O.O.B...

Beans

hi
    tosh c650-01t , working well with 10.10 (but i need to update the kernel to 2.6.36 (maverick)
    USB and wireless are working perfectly
    also epson nx510 printer

Beans

Toshiba c660 10D
    Everything Works, except wifi

Beans

1)Version Of Ubuntu:ubuntu 10.10
    2)Laptop Maker:HP
    3)Laptop Model:Compaq nw8440
    4)Known Issue:when i boot ubuntu,the screen splashed occasionally.What's more,sometimes i can't access the systemnly a "-" displayed on the screen,and it'll splash forever...I THINK THAT IT'S THE BAD VIDEO DRIVER THAT MAKES THE PROBLEM.And update the video driver using the system is also non-helpful.My video is ATI FireGL V5200.Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu 10.10
    Asus
    Eee 1215N

This is a fine netbook, but at this time there are a few problems I hope will be fixed in 11.04. Zero installation troubles (off a 4-GB USB drive made with Startup Disk Creator on my desktop 10.10 system). Installed 10.10 on the unused disk partition; left Win 7 in place for dual-boot.

1. nVidia optimus dual graphics. Only works with the basic Intel driver. Installing the offered nVidia driver just drops to a command prompt and thereby demands uninstalling the nVidia driver. Will try it again later.

2. Built-in ethernet wired lan goes belly-up in a hurry when any significant amount of data is passed. Checking out ifconfig showed over 4 x 10^6 errors when attempting to backup over the net. I have a spare Cisco USB 300M ethernet adapter and am using it instead with no hitches.

3. Battery life is about 3.5 hours (nothing to do with the graphics, this is under the Intel chip) -- somewhat short of the claimed 6 under Win 7. Again, maybe better in the future and not much of an issue for me anyway.

4. Most everything else seems to work just fine: sound, display / VGA switcher, screen brightness, suspend (including the Fn+Zz key), hibernate, restart, shutdown, wireless adapter toggle (hard switch on upper left). What's the running figure on Fn-space for?? Maybe save battery? I'll try it. Haven't tried multitouch, but again don't really need it.

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu netbook 10.10
    Acer
    Aspire One 522,
    with AMD C-50 dual core cpu, ATi Radeon HD 6250, and Atheros-AR9285 Wireless.

Unity interface not compatible with the ATI Catlyst drivers: creates a very sluggish operating environment.
    Internal Atheros ethernet card does not work properly. If wireless is turned on it will cause random freezes.

Beans
    Distro

Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 32bit
    Acer
    Aspire One 522,
    with AMD C-50 dual core cpu, ATi Radeon HD 6250, and Atheros-AR9285 Wireless.

Permanent watermark when ATI restricted GPU drivers used.

Internal Atheros ethernet card does not work properly. If wireless is turned on it will cause random freezes.
    Last edited by Rowan_; February 2nd, 2011 at 04:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Unhappy Re: Laptop INCOMPATABILITY List.

Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop
    eMachines netbook (don't know the model doesn't say anywhere)
    N270 Intel Atom, 1GB memory, 160GB HDD, bought it with Win XP installed.
    The only thing that doesn't seem to be working is when I plug my android phone or insert my SD media card my computer now doesn't read it, since I installed Ubuntu. Worked fine with Windows. Nothing shows up on my desktop or my menu that tells me I have a drive inserted. So I now have to email the pictures on my android and SD card to myself. Help?
    And splash screens won't work. Also can't figure out how to install anything from the gnome art site but that's besides the point.

Beans

Ubuntu Desktop 10.10 32-bit
    Acer Aspire One AO522-BZ499
    AMD Fusion C-50, HD 6250

Can never get it to wake after closing lid
    Letting Ubuntu get the display drivers results in the AMD-unsupported watermark. Installing the latest Catalyst manually does the trick here. Unfortunately, it won't play Youtube 720p- which is my main requirement
    WiFi works, but for some reason refuses to show after 3rd-4th reinstall (had to go back to the bundled Win Starter)

Just need it to be able to handle 720p H.264... will attempt to get it to work next week before I have to return it. If anyone has any ideas, that would help!

Beans

Hello All,

I'm using the Acer Aspire One 522. Both the wireless and the video do not work. I assume this is driver related. I tried this on Ubuntu 10.04.

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast