Page 157 of 184 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1834

Thread: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Hey, Varun, might be interesting to install an identical 12.04 on a partition on the new machine and then do a speed comparison between the two 12.04s, on the old and new machines. Might give some indication of how much bloatier 14.04 is.

Hope that all makes sense!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Hey, Varun, might be interesting to install an identical 12.04 on a partition on the new machine and then do a speed comparison between the two 12.04s, on the old and new machines. Might give some indication of how much bloatier 14.04 is.

Hope that all makes sense!
    Indeed makes perfect sense. But I didn't have 'performance test' in mind at all.

It was an Office Laptop which I just had to prepare for work. The only thing I personally wanted to 'Test' on it was the ath9k wifi driver. I was just pleased to see that it worked flawlessly, along with everything else.

Maybe I'd try 12.04 for comparison when it returns back, currently it has gone out with someone on tour.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by checor View Post
    Oh, i forgot my other laptop.

Lenovo G450.

Needs privative drivers for wifi, but works good. You can't audit networks.

i have same laptop, please help me to download driver for this. from where i can download wifi driver for G450 laptop

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by divay_jeet View Post
    i have same laptop, please help me to download driver for this. from where i can download wifi driver for G450 laptop
    This is not a support thread Divajeet. Please start a new thread in "Networking & Wireless" section with a relevant title, and ask for help there.

Along with the description of the problem, also post the wireless_script report to help the troubleshooters help you.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    This is not a support thread Divajeet. Please start a new thread in "Networking & Wireless" section with a relevant title, and ask for help there.
    ^^^
    This.

It will also improve your chances of getting support. Please stick to how Ubuntu is running when installed on specific machines here. Support requests should go in the appropriate sub-forums, as varunendra suggests. Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by girishchouhan5 View Post
    1. Ubuntu Version 10.04
    10.04 LTS? Unless you are using a server release that version is not supported and has reached end-of-life. But thanks for sharing. See HERE.

Beans

Ubuntu Studio 11.04 LTS
    Compaq M2000 (AMD Sempron, 1 GB RAM)
    Everything seems to work except the @#^&@# Broadcom BCM94318(_) - let it be - I spent hours trying with two other distributions.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by murrayatuptown View Post
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 LTS
    11.04 reached end-of-life over two years ago and you can expect problems. You haven't been able to update or upgrade any software for an age and if the machine is online it is a potential security risk. 11.04 is not supported by Canonical nor these forums anymore. Please see HERE for further information on upgrading to a supported release. Good luck.

* Please take notice people: posting about compatibility between your machine and an unsupported, end-of-life release is not much help so please avoid. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; October 16th, 2014 at 03:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm running Ubuntu MATE' on my Dell D420, 1.2GHz Core Duo, 1.5GB of RAM and also on my Dell D630, 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM. Of course I've changed out wifi cards to Intel 802.11n versions so there's no issue with the Broadcom wifi cards that came with the laptops but other then that it runs great.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

1)Kubuntu 14.10 64-bit
    2)Lenovo
    3)W540

Fingerprintreader was not working out of the box. Manually installed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoSqqNFxBIQ
    Pantone Color Calibrator by X-Rite is not working but I did not yet try to make it work.

Page 157 of 184 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast