Page 129 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1834

Thread: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Beans

Re: Laptop COMPATIBILITY List.

Ubuntu 12.04 32bit
    Lenovo
    Ideapad Y460

All working out of the box when BIOS set to discrete graphics only. Have not tried Onboard/Switchable graphics but unlikely to work due to lack of a driver.

Fn-F6 to disable touchpad not working, however you can configure a shortcut using jupiter to disable the touchpad
    Last edited by soccnut; December 12th, 2012 at 04:19 AM.

Beans

Re: Laptop COMPATABILITY List.

1. Ubuntu 10.10 until 12.10
    2. ASUS
    3. X44C

All device detected perfectly! Included VGA, Compiz run automatically. Great laptop!

Beans

1)Ubuntu 12.10
    2)Samsung
    3)900x4c
    Working very well out-of-the-box.

Working:
    Wireless, Ethernet, USB 3, HDMI, sound, touchpad, kb backlight ....

Have not yet tried: Bluetooth, the fan (amazingly silent machine)

Not working: fn -keys for kb back light (F9/10) and wireless (F11).

Reccomended Linux laptop! Compatible, good-looking, light, fast, silent and over-all high quality!

Only thing that was better on the ASUS U500vz I turned in for the Samsung, was the ability to choose between secure boot or not on a per-boot basis. On the Samsung, I had to completely remove the PK to turn off secure boot (in-reversable).

Beans

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
    Compaq
    Presario CQ60

Graphics card runs ok, but if you install the recommended drivers it runs 720p video from Youtube without any problems.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit
    Dell
    Latitude E6320

Runs great! Can't find a proprietary driver, but Dell had the sound card driver for Ubuntu on their support site. Playing with the wifi now (Intel Centrino) It sees my router, but won't accept the passkey.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Lenovo E530

No issues as far as I can tell. Also, is supposedly just plain Ubuntu compatible per the website information-- which I cannot find a good official reference for. But, lenovo has been good to me while using ubuntu (except ubuntu 9 on my T30, but that was).

Supposedly the realtek SD card reader doesn't work. That and the fingerprint reader. Things I don't use, so that is probably why I haven't notice them. The SD card reader issue is easily solved with the drivers from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/...etDown=false#2 The fingerprint reader-- you're on your own there.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub...ble-usb-15.txt

Beans

ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10
    HP
    Envy dv6-7210us

very detailed screen- i see things i didnt see on my old laptop. aside from the few things listed below, all runs great. quiet fan, trackpad tracks. originally had a problem with uefi out of the box but a quick bios upgrade listed options i didnt have before. i can boot/run a mix on uefi and non-uefi installed os. i decided win8 wasnt worth my time so its gone and 750gig hd that came with the system seemed too iffy for me so i replaced it with a 500 gig 7200rpm.

items that dont work for now:
    fingerprint reader
    beats audio
    no big loss here..

i am using the free driver for my ati card as the binary driver isnt up to the current xorg value. i probably wont bother as the free driver is running all my games quite well..

this was going to be my desktop replacement but i like using it too much so the old hp goes on the desktop.

i hope this is of useful to someone..

Beans

Hi dreperk,

I have a Toshiba U845 too. Can you tell me how to break the fake raid and disbale quick boot on the U845? Thanks.

- Valleyuser

Quote Originally Posted by dreperk View Post
    1. Ubuntu 12.04 32 bit
    2. Toshiba
    3. Satellite U845 Ultrabook

The live cd/usb stick works out of the box, but it does not detect the hard drive(s). After following instructions in these forums to break the fake raid and disable quick boot (or something like that) in the BIOS, I was able to install Ubuntu to the 32 GB SSD and make roughly half of the 500 GB hard drive my home directory.

I also decided to make the SSD bootable, so now I have two bootable drives I can choose from in BIOS if need be (hard drive straight to Windows, SSD straight to Linux).

The function keys work, but the special keys assigned to the function keys do not. Other than that, everything works great.

EDIT: More Info...

After a while I started to experience freezes that could only be remedied by holding the power button. This was the case before and after tweaking the BIOS. I then tried opensuse using an identical setup (regarding the two bootable drives/partitions) and the only problem I'm having is the lack of special functions on function keys.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Version : Xubuntu 12.10
    Laptop : Lenovo G580 (2689)

I had no issues during installation.

What works:
    Sound, graphics, power management, Suspend, LCD Brightness, Monitor ON/OFF (Fn+f2), LAN, Touchpad (need to tune it with synclient as it is too sensitive)

In general it worked without much problem.

What doesn't work:
    Hibernate (button doesn't show up), WIFI (it works if you install the "bcmwl-kernel-source" driver; brcmsmac module works too, but its a little bit buggy), fn+f6 (to disable touchpad, but can easily set any other key and use synclient to turn it off)

I haven't tried all, so I may be missing something. At least the most important things work out-of-the-box.
    Last edited by LepeKaname; December 22nd, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Servers: Hardy(x4), Lucid(x6);
    Workstations: Quantal(x2), Lucid(x1);
    WM Flavors: Xubuntu(x3)
    Save Energy

Beans

1) Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
    2) Lenovo
    3) Model 3000-N100

Page 129 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast